REIKA-SAMA -177

Today I was picking up the yule log. As planned, we met at the train station closest to her house.

"Here it is! I feel bad making you come all the way here just to get it!"

"No, no. I am feeling rather shameless for having you make a cake just for me."

"Don't be! Yule logs are pretty easy to make. Ah, but it wasn't sloppy work, okay?"

"Of course. I already knew that."

The reason why we met here was because Wakaba-chan had a train to catch today. Since home was in the same direction we were waiting to catch the train together.

"So you use the train too, Kisshouin-san..."

"My, my, that was how I arrived here today."

She seemed surprised to hear that.

I suppose she couldn't help it. I was driven to school each day, after all.

"I thought people from the Pivoine never rode public transport."

"I suppose there certainly are many like that."

"Then could it be that you've ridden a bike before, Kisshouin-san?"

"Of course."

"Eh!? Really!?"

Was it that surprising?

I used to ride my bike every day in my old life, and in this life I had taken bicycle classes for my primary school entrance exam too. Not that I had touched one since though.

Since a pair of seats were free we sat next to each other.

Wakaba-chan was wearing a red duffel coat today. I felt that it suited her energy.

"Where are you headed today?"

"Well it's nearly Christmas, right? I've gotta buy my little siblings their presents."

"I see."

It had to be tough with as many siblings as she had.

"Speaking of Christmas, what are you doing this year, Takamichi-san?"

"Me? I'm just going to be helping at the store, same as always. It's always busiest near Christmas. It's almost winter now, so every day I've been hard at work since the morning, you know~"

"That must be tiring."

"Yeah. Some of the orders from a while ago had overlapping delivery times. It was a nightmare. And for some reason it's always at times like that that random customers pop into our store."

"Oh my~ In that case you are certainly not going to be spending Christmas with a special someone."

"Unfortunately~ But once opening hours are over my family is going to have a party. Well, probably not the types of grand parties that you're used to, though," she laughed. "After all, the parties at Kaburagi-kun's house hire orchestras and opera singers and magicians and stuff, right? That must be so cool~"