REIKA-SAMA -158

Kaburagi had never eaten handmade sweets.

Even as far back as primary school, he never once touched the food the girls made in class, or the valentines chocolates that they made him.

That same Kaburagi had eaten the handmade biscuits that some School Festival café had made. Not only that but he had gone out of his way to praise the baker, and even gave a rare smile to a girl.

The shock that this gave Zui'ran was worse than even the time when they had come to school together.

Before this, the only exception that Kaburagi had made to date was food that Yurie-sama had made.

A flood of girls had wondered if perhaps the Emperor had changed his position, and frantically brought him food, but as usual he shot them down.

"I don't eat handmade food."

'Then what was eating that biscuit about!?' was the natural reaction, intensifying the rumours.

Since nobody could actually ask Kaburagi, some of the girls even started relying on fortune tellers.

Thanks to that, Wakaba-chan was under unnecessary scrutiny once again, making enemies of a bunch of girls once again. Nobody was saying it aloud, but you could tell that they were wondering if Kaburagi had... feelings, for her. I wondered that too, but unlike me, the Kaburagi Fans were pressured by it.

Apparently some girls went to the café just to see what those biscuits were all about and left after leaving a slew of insults.

"This isn't anything special."

"Don't get cocky just because he praised these measly biscuits."

Stuff like that.

I personally thought they were pretty good myself, though...

But well, it's not like they came there to actually taste them or anything, I suppose.

Anyway, besides the biscuit incident, there was one other little topic people were discussing. It was about how Enjou treated me to a latte art.

"I heard that even though she didn't have a ticket, Enjou-sama especially made a latte art for Reika-sama!"

"Gosh! So Enjou-sama really does like...!?"

I could hear comments about it here and there.

What a nuisance.

"Something just for Reika-sama! I'm so envious!"

"And it was such a cute rabbit too."

Even the girls who came with me were causing a fuss.

"It was surely just some whim of Enjou-sama's," I insisted.

"That's not true. This is Enjou-sama's way of being a
gentleman, Reika-sama."

Gentleman!? This guy was just trying to use me to draw attention away from what Kaburagi did.

And he chose the rabbit because no doubt he heard about Kaburagi's crackpot Chinese Zodiac theory and picked it to make fun of me.