REIKA-SAMA -196

The day after Valentine’s, the thing with Yukino’s chocolate had, as expected, been completely misunderstood.

“Reika-sama’s real interest was in Enjou-sama!”

“I was so sure it was Kaburagi-sama!”

“But Enjou-sama is broadminded like she is, so don’t they go well together?”

“And I’ve seen them talking to each other a lot recently.”

Even my own group was using me as a topic for gossip.

You’re wrong!

Ayame-chan, the Enjou fan in our group, suddenly took my hand.

“I’ve admired Enjou-sama for a long time, but since it’s you I’ll cheer you on, Reika-sama!”

I mean this: you really don’t need to.

“I have mentioned this before but those chocolates were for his younger brother. Not for Enjou-sama himself.”

“Geez, you’re so shy, Reika-sama.”

The girls all smirked at me teasingly.

Hey, my stomach is really starting to hurt so please stop that.

“I am not being shy. The chocolate was for his esteemed brother, Yukino-kun. I am making at least that much clear!”

These baseless rumours needed to be crushed.

There was only about a year left until graduation.

If because of these Enjou rumours I somehow became even more unpopular it would be a nightmare.

Like, what if – and I really just mean what if – but what if there was a boy who secretly had a crush on me?

If that boy heard that I liked Enjou then wouldn’t he give up on me?

That would be a huge problem!

“…Well, if you’re that serious about it, then we’ll just take your word for it, Reika-sama.”

They seemed to sense my discomfort because they let it drop.

“Will you help me clear up the rumours?”

“We will. If anybody asks, we’ll say that you said it was just for his younger brother.”

“Please, please do, okay?”

Everyone acquiesced to my desperate plea.

Thank goodness.

I’m relying on you guys!

It wouldn’t be funny if the boy who secretly had a crush on me heard weird rumours and gave up just as he was thinking of confessing.

Don’t give up!

Speaking of confessions though…

It was the dream, wasn’t it?

Being asked to meet after school, and then pretending not to know they wanted to confess…