REIKA-SAMA -174

"Yesterday, that Takamichi Wakaba girl caused problems again, I see."

The President stopped to enjoy a sip of tea.

"Because of that one girl the entire school has been thrown into chaos and ill-discipline. Don't you all agree?"

Her allies agreed and their dislike of Wakaba-chan showed in their expressions.

I just smiled and stayed silent.

Since yesterday I had been terrified that she would call me out on defending Wakaba-chan and I could tell the moment was here.

The moment I arrived in the salon after school today, the President called me over for some tea.

My heart hadn't stopped thumping since. This wasn't going to be a problem was it?

There was an urban myth that mammals were born with a set number of heartbeats. I hoped I wasn't using mine up.

"What do you think, Reika-sama?"

I knew it!

"Not much, but I..."

"From what I hear, you stopped a group of girls from confronting Takamichi-san?"

Ueegghh, there were little waves in my teacup from the shaking...

Come on, Reika! You're an actress right now!

"Yes. I was told that there was a disturbance so I went to investigate, only to hear something that I could not accept and, well..."

"My..."

"Even if Takamichi-san herself has problems, I cannot agree with insulting her family as well. It would hurt me deeply if anybody disparaged my own family..." I said as I placed a hand to my chest and tried my best to look sad.

The people around began to sympathise with me, because "Everybody knows how close Reika-sama is with her family..."

"You're a kind person, so no wonder you couldn't overlook that. Insulting family is certainly classless."

"Yes..."

"But if we examine the root cause, this was all because Takamichi-san earned the enmity of so many people by failing to understand propriety. If it wasn't for her lack of consideration, Reika-sama would never have had to have been hurt."

"Eh..."

Everybody voiced their agreement.

"Poor Reika-sama."

"Why did Reika-sama have to suffer for a girl like that?"

"Without even knowing how it ends up hurting Reika-sama, Takamichi Wakaba continues to have the Student Council President wait on her hand and foot. How very convenient for her."

"With the way the Student Council have been spoilt it's little wonder that that girl has been getting ahead of herself," complained one of the boys.

"Very true," agreed the President. "Because the current Student Council has been pushing their luck, that girl has felt no reason to reform."