REIKA-SAMA -219

"The truth is a bitter pill to swallow."

That was the first thing Kaburagi said to me after calling me to the usual conference room.

"Pardon me?"

"What you said to me that day. They were too painful and harsh for me to accept on the spot."

"I see..."

Well, he did seem to have suffered quite a blow.

I mean, I even started to feel a bit guilty about it.

Mentally, I was just a squishy blancmange, but perhaps Kaburagi wasn't much better.

"But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't in all honesty deny it... After a night of thinking about it, I was forced to accept that you were completely right. I'll admit it. I've been using Yurie as the basis for my decisions."

"I see..."

So he spent the whole night thinking in that state...?

I'm sorry.

Even though I was the one who said that to you, I was fast asleep around that time.

But I was really impressed that he managed to acknowledge his own faults.

That was his only good point for you; being earnest and honest.

"I've spent my whole life with Yurie... I haven't ever looked at any girls besides her, so I don't know anything about them. I think Aira might be the only exception, but the two of them have basically the same taste to begin with. That's probably why."

"Right."

"Since Yurie liked it, Takamichi would probably like it too. That was the way I was thinking."

"Yes..."

Kaburagi hung his face in shamed frustration for a moment, but quickly lifted his head.

"But Kisshouin." He met my eyes with a serious gaze. "The one I love right now is without a doubt Takamichi."

"...!"

Y-Yeah.

Even though it wasn't me he was talking about, being stared at like that and hearing things like 'the one I love' was setting my heart off like a jackhammer.

In the end I had to avert my eyes in a panic.

That was too much stimulation for a person from the Forever Alone Village.

Guh, one day even I would have something like...!

"Kisshouin. She and I have completely different ideas of normal high school life, don't we?"

"I believe so. She attended public schools until she entered high school. That upbringing is completely different to what a Pivoine member would experience."

"So that's how it is..." he nodded. "Then in that case, I'll learn about her way of life and her way of thinking."

"I certainly do not see why not."