REIKA-SAMA -160 (Saika Tsugumi POV)

Ririna KGB Agent - Saika Tsugumi

My friend Ririna-chan has an older cousin named Kisshouin Reika. She loves her very much.

I entered Zui'ran through its primary section. My family was decently well off, but not so wealthy that I could enter the Pivoine either. And I didn't think of myself as the type who liked attention, so there was no reason for anybody to pay attention to me.

The next six years were enjoyable enough though. I spent them with girls who were more like me, and never drew the notice of the showier girls.

When I entered the middle school section I ended up in the same class as Kotou Ririna-chan.

Despite being a new External herself, Ririna-chan was never afraid of anything, and even the Internal Students were given no face. That was just the kind of girl she was.

To be honest I thought she was a little scary at first. She was bold and wilful, and nothing like me at all, so naturally we would never have anything to do with each other. That was my impression at the time.

At Zui'ran there was an upperclassman in the year above.

His name was Kaburagi Masaya-senpai but we also called him the Emperor, and everybody adored and admired him.

The Emperor was constantly surrounded by his female fans, and his fan club even had its own hierarchy. New fans had to give way to the older fans, and it was an unwritten rule that underclassmen could only gaze at him from behind their senpai.

Despite this, Kotou-san took no notice and of all things began to follow the Emperor around and talk to him.

Naturally the many oneesama in the higher grades and the girls in our own year were both scandalised and outraged. But no matter how many times they summoned her and berated her, the result was always the same.

"Who I like is my own business! Who gave you the right to complain about it!"

Kotou-san would become enraged at them instead.

Because of her attitude her enemies increased, and near the end everybody was sure that she would be consigned to isolation. But the most famous girl in 2nd Year, Kisshouin Reika-sama, began to apologise to each one of Kotou-san's detractors.

As it turned out, Reika-sama and Kotou-san were cousins. With Reika-sama bowing in apology, even the Pivoine girls from 1st Year, who hated Kotou-san the most, were forced into inaction.

But now nobody could touch her.

It was unfortunately a matter of course that Kotou-san's behaviour grew more outrageous. With Reika-sama as her backer, Kotou-san was able to avoid any retribution.

One day Kotou-san suddenly stopped following the Emperor around. Perhaps because of the rumours I heard about her enraging him. But if that was true then the consequences should have been dire. Kotou-san was coming to school as normal.

Something else to note was that her behaviour was more restrained than before, and she was less careless in what she did. Rumours ran abound in our grade, but without a confirmation from Kotou-san herself, in the end nobody knew what had happened.