REIKA-SAMA -216

The Kaburagi Masaya from ‘You Are My Dolce’ was absolutely not this ridiculous emperor…

Handsome and sharp, they called him the Emperor of Zui’ran, and despite having a cold and unapproachable exterior, when it came to romance he was passionate and overbearing, earnest in the pursuit of the girl that he liked, even if he was a little clumsy at times.

Sometimes he didn’t use enough words to clarify, which turned into misunderstandings, but those few moments of incompetence stirred up the maternal instincts in the readers.

Particularly heart-pounding was that scene by the ocean, alight with sea sparkles, where he held out his hand and said,

“I’m sorry.”

Waah~!

Anyway, he was basically all the attributes that young maidens found charming, rolled up into a single character.

And yet…

The Kaburagi Masaya I knew in reality was, yes, still handsome and sharp, and still called the Emperor of Zui’ran. And yes, I was not arguing that he had a cold and unapproachable exterior.

But the inside.

His mind was on the level of a primary schooler, unable to read the mood, and with a tendency towards stalking. The type of loser who would hand-make an accessory and then engrave their initials into it despite not even dating the girl or even securing her love.

This was just cruel.

Give me back the excitement from my previous life.

And the nickname ‘Emperor’ was supposed to be because he had the bearing and charisma of a ruler.

It wasn’t supposed to be because he was the Napoleon of children’s cavalry battle!

Unlike this laughingstock, the Emperor from the manga was dignified.

The difference was just too much…

Although I could admit that he did a good job of hiding it.

I had even begun to suspect that most people thought of him as the same sort of person as his manga counterpart.

Even Wakaba-chan said that he was mature.

Of course, his true self was that, though…

Life sure was convenient for hot guys!

Well, not that I really cared.

He could fail at romance as much as he wanted so long as he did it out of my sight.

The problem was that now that I did know, it was only a matter of time before he made me bawl out of pity.

Why did I have to ask her about that necklace…?

It would have been better not to know.

Anyhow, ignorant of my inner thoughts, Kaburagi continued brainstorming his next plan for a present.

“I don’t know what women want,” he said helpfully. “What do you think they want?”