REIKA-SAMA -260

When I got to cram school, the short-haired Moriyama-san's hair had turned into a long ponytail.

Surprised, I asked, "Moriyama-san, what happened to your hair?"

"This? A wig that my sister used to use," she answered as she twisted a strand with her finger.

"A wig! You looked like another person."

"It's okay once in a while. I'm feeling down from all this studying, so I wanted a change of pace. But this is a cheap wig, so I keep losing hairs, like my sister said."

"You look good with long hair, too, Moriyama-san."

"You think?"

She's not as dissatisfied as she says. She's showing off her long hair shifting her head. But a wig…? That may work.

Fashion starts with my hairstyle. Part of why I look old fashioned, is the rococo hair. But I don't have the courage to suddenly cut it. My mother would be against it, I promised Yukino-kun recently that I wouldn't cut it, and I have some attachment myself. What happens I cut it and it doesn't look good? It's pretty hard to find something that suits you. It'll take a while to grow it back if I mess up.

So a wig. I can try any look easily! Good idea!

"Thank you, Moriyama-san. I'll try a wig, also."

"Huh? You?"

If I'm going to do this, I want a complete change of image. Would that be short hair, then? The opposite of rococo hair, mode style might be nice. Bobbed hair or something very short might be stylish.

"I can't imagine Kisshouin-san without your curls."

"Fufu," I can't either. But I'm excited.

All right! I'm going to buy a wig and turn into a cool beauty!

"Oh, no. Hair just came out." Whoops, I shook a few loose swinging my hair around. I need to throw them away. There's not more on my clothes, right? It's not like I believe that superstition that having hair removed by someone else leads to romantic hearbreak, but it does make me nervous. Not that I believe it.

I wrapped the loose hair in a tissue and stood up when Umewaka-kun asked, "Kisshouin-san, are you shedding? My Beatrice is shedding a lot right now. I can't catch up just brushing morning and night. You want me to show you a nice slicker brush? I highly recommend it."

"Thank you, but I'll just accept your thoughts." I wave off that dog lover and head towards the trash bag. I spotted the Zuiran student, Tagaki-kun, doing problem sets, so I kindly greeted him, "Gokingen yoh."

"AHH!" He was openly frightened.

"Isn't that a bit much for a simple greeting, Tagaki-kun?"

"AHH, Sorry! Sorry!" So why is he so terrified? I'm always kind…

Tagaki-kun, gasped as he looked at me. "Oh, it that trash in your hand? I'll throw it away for you!"

"Huh?" No, what if I get rejected because of that! I reflexively slapped away his hand.

"Ahh! I'm sorry!" He's back to apologizing. Stop that! Everyone will misunderstand what's happening.

"Have I done anything for you to fear me so much?"

"No, nothing at all. Kisshouin-san has done nothing." That answer was delivered so mechanically and stiff…

"Then why are you so terrified?"

"Well, that's…"

"You can interact with me like Umewaka-kun and Moriyama-san over there."

"Uh… That's a little… I know that you're a member of the Pivoine, so I can't do that." Oh, it's that. I suppose the Pivoine are a subject for fear for Zuiran students. "And…"