REIKA-SAMA -257

After I returned home, I called Wakaba-chan. I had much I wanted to talk about.

"So you went to takigyou today. Good job."

"I only watched, however." I described what had happened, and she listened, interested. Full of curiosity, Wakaba-chan said, "That sounds like fun. I want to try that," laughing. If Fuyuko-sama heard that, she'd take it seriously and drag you there.

"By the way, how did Ikoma-san work out? She seemed to be working hard."

"Yes, she is. It's okay to relax when there aren't any customers, but she goes around cleaning when that happens. She might have been nervous greeting customers at first, but she got used to it after a while."

"I see. I'm glad, as long as she's not causing your family any trouble."

"Yeah, don't worry. Besides, did you hear from Ikoma-san? She ended up telling her parents, and she came with them on the first day to apologize and with compensation."
"Really?" She hadn't told me. It would take a lot of courage to tell your parents your misdeeds. Especially about messing with a classmate from the shadows. Ikoma-san really did want to make up for her misconduct.

"Since we were compensated, there wasn't any reason for her to work."

"Hmm… Now that you mention it… But she was to learn the difficulties of making money rather than to pay off her debt through working."

"Right, so even after we said that she didn't need to work, Ikoma-san said that she wanted to work to keep her promise, and her parents also asked for it, so…"

"Oh, so that's what happened."

"Yes, she said, 'I promised Reika-sama!' That part had the most emphasis. She really idolizes you."

"Hahaha…"

"So we ended up accepting her help, but shortened the time period. Ikoma-san probably needs to study, too. So she's only coming back a few more times. She might be found out if you stays longer, too."

"Oh, that's right! I heard from Ikoma-san that Kaburagi-sama came to the store!" That's right. I wanted to ask about that more than anything!

"Oh, you heard? That's right. I wasn't there, but when I did, Ikoma-san was flustered with her face red panicking in the store. Her eyes were scary asking me about it.

"That must have been troublesome…"

"No, no."

But she was still excited when telling me.

"Kisshouin-san mentioned running into Kaburagi-kun, but I never imagined it to happen on her first day. You might have talent as a fortune teller." This is no laughing matter, Wakaba-chan. That story made me sweat in a lot of different ways.

"We should have made the penalty something else…"

"Ahaha, too late!"

"So… can I go over to your house after Ikoma-san's work is finished?"

"Of course! Very welcome! Kanta and the others want to see you."

"To Kif-chan?"

"To Kif-chan." We laughed.

"I want to see Kanta-kun, too." He's my master at making confections.

We talked about the goings on at the Takamichi household and about school before ending the call.

The next day, after school, I stopped by the Salon, since Fuyuko-sama said that she was lonely, when I called Kaburagi to the small meeting room for a change.