REIKA-SAMA -156

Sakura and I visited a chocolatier.

This store had a high class (and indulgent) chocolate parfait that it was well known for.

People often said that chocolate calmed the nerves, didn’t they. By all means, please let Sakura-chan eat some. Come, Sakura-chan.

Mmhu~ Yummy. Luxuriating in the taste of parfaits is the best.

“There’s been a girl trying to get close to Takumi,” she began.

“I see~”

“You don’t believe me.”

“Well that’s just not truee.”

I was lying of course; I didn’t believe her. Akizawa-kun honestly wasn’t anywhere near as popular as Sakura-chan seemed to think.

“You’re underestimating him too much, Reika. Don’t you remember how there was some kouhai that liked him before?”

“Kouhai…? Ah, now that you mention it.”

She had a point. Back then I thought she was just being blinded by jealousy, but when I asked a well-informed friend of Ririna’s it turns out that there really was a kouhai in the track club that had a crush on him. I’m pretty sure that girl gave up on him in the end though, so it all turned out okay.

“So who is it this time?”

“Didn’t I tell you during the summer? The 1st Year manager of the track club.”

According to Sakura-chan, that manager girl had sent Akizawa-kun quite a few emails.

“Wasn’t she just sending him updates on the club?”

“She wasn’t. Does ‘Senpai, how about we go out with everyone sometime?’ sound that way to you?”

“Eh-, you’ve gone through his emails?”

“As if I would just secretly go through his phone. While Takumi was looking at his emails I pretended to cosy up and flirt with him and used that chance to look.”

“You’re amazing…”

“Anyway, it’s just too suspicious, right? I only saw a few of her emails but I bet the rest were like that too. And during the Athletics Carnival she gave him a towel and there were other incidents too…”

“That was just cheering on the Track Club as the manager, right?”

I remember her telling me at the time about how she gave him a towel as well to even the odds.

“And hasn’t Akizawa-kun been using the towel you gave him? There’s nothing to worry about then.”

“You just can’t understand the anxiety of somebody whose crush goes to a different school, Reika. I’m more than just a childhood friend but I still haven’t become his girlfriend yet. As if that wasn’t bad enough I have to go to a different school too, which is why I’ve been asking you to keep a lookout for me but what have you been doing instead.”

“Sorry…”

I suppose I should have at least given a cursory check of it. Uuu, Sakura-chan was making a scary face… She was calling me useless with her eyes…