REIKA-SAMA -274

The rain's let up, and it's a nice morning. The rainy season's about to end, and it's hot and muggy, although it's still 7 in the morning. It's almost summer for real. I'm glad I was born into privilege allowed to be driven to school. I know from my past life, how hellish the train during the commuting rush was. The air conditioning could barely be felt between the hot air that rushes in every time the doors open, and the body heat from the passengers. And how disgusting was it when we were crammed next to each other…!

We'd already be sweating from the walk to the station when we entered the sauna during rush hour. I'd be tired every morning. Being away from the packed train and so used to the air conditioning in the car, I could never go back to that train. I didn't run into any traffic this morning, so there aren't many students here, yet.

I was wondering what to do if none of my friends were here, yet, when I saw a familiar back in the hall. Isn't that Akizawa-kun? Prey discovered.

"Akizawa-kun, Akizawa-kun." He jumped at my voice and looked around. "Over here, Akizawa-kun," I called from behind a column.

"You surprised me. What's wrong, Kisshouin-san?" he said as he approached. I grabbed his arm and pulled him off to the edge of the hall.

"Gokigen yoh, Akizawa-kun."

"Huh? Uh, yeah. Good… morning?"

"You're here early."

"I had morning practice…"

"I see," I nodded. Akizawa-kun had been in track ever since junior high. "By the way, Akizawa-kun. Sakura-chan told me, but what is this noble's procession?"

"Huh?" When I last met Sakura-chan, she told me that Akizawa-kun said that it was like a noble's procession every time I walked the halls in Zuiran. I wouldn't forget.

"You're horrible. I trusted you, and you were talking behind my back."

"Behind you back? I didn't mean it that way! Sakurako just asked me what life was like at Zuiran, and when your name came up, I just explained what it looked like normally…" Wouldn't a noble's procession not be normal?

"Oh. Akizawa-kun may have been joking, but someone who doesn't know may take it seriously."

"Huh? Joking?"

It's true that when I walk with my friends, that others make way, but calling that a noble's procession is going too far. Every so often, those who don't notice are cautioned? warned? a little by Serika-chan and the girls, but that doesn't happen very often. It's otherwise peaceful.

"Please correct that with Sakura-chan. That it was a joke, and not to misunderstand."

"Misunderstand…?"

"Isn't it?"

"Umm…."
"A-ki-za-wa-ku-n?"

"…All right." He doesn't look convinced.

"I'm counting on you," I add. Really. I'm counting on you. "To give the right of way in the hall. Basic manners."

"I don't think that sticking fast to the wall is necessary."

"A-ki-za-wa-ku-n?"

"The Pivoine, there. Acts of intimidation against students will not be tolerated."

Acts of intimidation!? I turned around to find Fellow Stalking Horse looking a bit shocked.

"How rude, calling that intimidation. We were speaking normally. How could you call that intimidation?"

"When you stand up dauntingly over a student, it can only look like bullying." What!? How insulting!

"Akizawa-kun! Tell him, Akizawa-kun. You weren't being bullied, were you?"