REIKA-SAMA -282

Kaburagi sends me a diary-like mail every day since summer vacation began. At least once a day. Multiple times on occasion.

They're reports on how things went with Wakaba-chan this way and that. He couldn't control himself on the first day that Wakaba-chan brought him lunch, and sent me mail at noon that said, 'Just finished Takamichi's handmade lunch. The spring rolls were especially good. Details afterwards.' That night, a long gourmet report came describing how good the lunch was.

Today, I was relaxing in my room when Kaburagi called instead of sending me mail.

"I went to the morning glory fair with Takamichi!"

So that was today. I gave up on going to the one Enjou found when Kaburagi said that he'd take Wakaba-chan there. Instead, I took several trains for over an hour on a day without classes to a distant morning glory fair. The high-rises disappeared from the view from the train, as they turned into small buildings, and even building disappeared, replaced by rice paddies. I was left in a daze wondering why I had come all this way for food stands.

When I calmly thought about it, there are plenty of other places with food stands. Was this my subconscious mind running away from the stress of studying to a faraway place…?

This morning glory fair was held within a large temple ground, the paths lined with food stands and shops. I enjoyed myself speaking with the locals. I arranged to have the morning glories I bought delivered, and bought tons of snacks recommended at an old-school cheap snacks shop, and returned carrying a large bag of them while I slept on the train. It's fun going to a town I don't know. Maybe I should make more day trips when I have time for myself.

"So how was the morning glory fair?"

"That date was a huge success. She hadn't attended one before, so he was happy seeing things for the first time."

"That's nice."

"Yeah, and even among morning glories, there are so many varieties. Takamichi and I looked around saying that one was nice, this one's cute, that one was new to me. I like seeing a single large bloom, but Takamichi likes many small ones. Even so, we agreed to buy a pot with many blooming morning glories as a memento. Takamichi was hesitant at first, but once I told her I wanted her to have it as a memento, she said thank you and that she'd take good care of them."

"Oh, oh." I murmured while having some of the cheap snacks.

"And a shopkeeper said to Takamichi, 'Your boyfriend's good looking.' I look like Takamichi's boyfriend."

"Oh, oh." Wheat-gluten snacks suck away moisture in my mouth. I have some green tea.

"And on our way back, Takamichi gave me a wind chime to thank me! She asked me to wait a moment and disappeared, but she probably bought it then. A chime with a blue morning glory and a gold fish on it. I have it hanging in my room. There, can you hear it?"

I might have heard a glass clink in the background. "Yes, I heard it."

"Sounds nice, right?"

"Yes." I've never been to Kaburagi's room, but it's definitely not a Japanese room, and considering Kaburagi's sense of style, he probably had everything carefully arranged, so a cute wind chime would probably stick out like a sore thumb. But he sounds really happy. It's a present from Wakaba-chan, after all. "That's nice."

"Yeah." He seemed so genuinely happy that I felt happy. Unlike my usual jealousy of others' love-lives going well as the Alone in Love village chief, I could be genuinely pleased for him. His talk of the morning glories and the wind chime continued for a while, and I occasionally answered just to let him know that I was listening while I ate more cheap snacks.