REIKA-SAMA -299

"Yukino-kun."

Yukino-kun!? I hastily accepted the call upon seeing the unexpected caller name.

"Hello, Yukino-kun…?"

"Oh, Reika-onee-san? Good evening!" I could hear Yukino-kun's spirited voice. Oh! It's really Yukino-kun.

"Good evening. What is it, Yukino-kun?"

"I'm sorry, for calling out of the blue. Were you busy?"

"No. A call from you is always welcome!" I was just lounging on my bed right now, after all!

"Thank you very much. Um, I returned to Japan just today."

"Oh, I see! Welcome back, Yukino-kun. Was summer camp fun?"

"Yes! I sent Reika-onee-san a postcard, but did you get it?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you for the beautiful mountain scenery."

"Good! I was really happy when you sent me a postcard, so I wanted to do the same."

"Oh…!" Yukino-kun's laughing shyly. His adorableness knows no bounds. We continued to speak cheerfully. "I enjoyed your messages very much. Wasn't it difficult to canoe?"

"Yes. My arms hurt really badly, and I got blisters on my hand. But going down the river on the canoe with everyone was hard, but really fun!"

"Oh, that's nice. Did you spend the nights in a tent at camp?"

"Yes. I was surprised at the huge bug that I'd never seen before."

"No, a bug!? Were you all right?"

"Sort of… Managed to chase it away, but I couldn't get to sleep for a while after that…"

"I would think so…" I don't like bugs, so I understand. It's outdoors, and if you find one, there's no telling how many others there are. "I'm interested in camp also, but I hesitate because of the insect problem. I can't relax and sleep when a bug might enter the tent at any time."

"Yes. I don't normally dislike bugs that much, but…" I nodded. My body starts to itch just from imagining a bug crawling across my face as I sleep. "And… Oh, wait. I know. Yes, I'll ask her now. Sorry, Reika-onee-san. I called today not just to let you know I'm back. Um, will you go see fireworks with me?"

"Fireworks?!"

"Yes! There's supposed to be a fireworks display soon."

"Fireworks display…" I just heard of this a few hours ago…

"I wanted to see it with Reika-onee-san, so I called you!" I can hear Yukino-kun's excitement across the phone, but… uh… I only have bad feelings about how Yukino-kun found out about fireworks upon just returning to Japan.

"By the way, Yukino-kun, where did you hear about the fireworks?"

"From Masaya-nii-sama." There! I knew it! No way. Going on the cruise with Kaburagi and Wakaba-chan is like jumping into the frying pan on my own. Sorry, Yukino-kun. I can't.

"Hmm… I'm a little… I wasn't actually invited by Kaburagi-sama, so I'm probably not welcome, so…"

"Eh? I'm not going with Masaya-nii-sama."

"Oh, really?"

"No. Masaya-nii-sama has other plans."

"Oh, is that right?" Oh, so I was jumping to conclusions. Ah, that was a shock. Of course. There's no way that Kaburagi would invite others on a date with Wakaba-chan.

"So how about it?" Hmm, I'm a little worried, but if Kaburagi's not involved, it might be all right… Yukino-kun's gone to the trouble of inviting me, after all…