REIKA-SAMA -217

Kaburagi was walking on clouds.

Ever since he gave Wakaba-chan those reference books and exercise books, the two of them would discuss difficult questions with each other.

“We’re competing to see how who can get further in the exercise books.”

Hmph.

Who was it that called it “cynical and unromantic”?

“That girl hates to lose, after all,” he said between smug sips of his tea.

“You are working hard together,” I praised.

See? Look at where my perfect advice got you.

By solving the exercise book together, the two of you have even more to talk about.

As expected of me.

“We talk on the phone or message each other about questions that we can’t solve.”

“You have her mail address!?” I asked in shock.

When did that happen!?

“Yeah. There was an accident during the summer, so I’ve had it since then.”

“I see…”

Don’t tell me he did the same thing to her as me, assaulting her with messages every five minutes if she didn’t reply?

That was horrid.

And scary too.

“…Sending too many messages may bother her, so please show some moderation.”

“I know. Even I know restraint,” he declared rather proudly.

I didn’t have much confidence in his idea of restraint though.

“Truly, now? Women despise men who will not give up, you know?”

“Yeah.”

“If she does not reply to your email, you must not pester her, you know?”

“You’re the one who won’t give up! What kind of guy do you think I am!?”

A stalker-in-the-making?

Kaburagi huffed and turned away unhappily, so I decided to leave it at that for today.

This wasn’t over.

I took a sip from my hibiscus tea. The faint tang was delicious.

“…We’ll be going to the library, yeah?” he asked, seemingly over his bout of unhappiness.

“Yes, you did mention something like that.”

“I was thinking of asking her out for a meal this time…”

I think last time he mentioned bringing her out to a French restaurant in Aoyama, didn’t he?