REIKA-SAMA -273

Summer vacation hadn't started yet, but the the students seem giddy with the exams over. Tsuruhana-san's group is a textbook example. I hear the grasshoppers say things like, "my new swimsuit…" "going on a cruise…" I guess that the entrance exam doesn't exist in their brains.

"I've had so many invitations that it's hard keeping track of my schedule. On that day, I'm headed to a pool with everyone during the day, and having dinner at a new restaurant at night. I can't enjoy catch the 'break' in summer break." I thought that Aya from that fashion magazine was a writer's imagination, but she was here!

"After graduation, I have an appointment to go directly to a beauty salon to dye my hair."

"Maybe I should get a perm over the summer so it could get wet."

I've confirmed that Tsuruhana-san's group already planning to break school rules won't be attending summer supplemental classes. Humph. Fool around all you want, grasshoppers. When summer ends, it's me, the ant, who will be laughing.

I work as the class rep with Satomi-kun after school. Class rep has tons of busy work, so it's a hassle, but my class has very few students turning in anything late, and they quickly bring it in after apologizing, so it's relatively easy. After confirming that we have collected documents for everyone, we just need to drop them off at the teacher's lounge.

"Hmm… I guess I can't fool around this year."

"Are you saying that you'll have to study for entrance exams this summer?" I ask.

"Something like that." Satomi-kun who just barely dyes his hair not to get caught for rules infractions is a grasshopper.

"Are you going to the summer classes?"

"Sort of."

"So you intend to study hard this summer?"

"Not really, but somewhat. And you, Kisshouin-san?"

"I plan on attending the cram school's summer session, and perhaps Zuiran's supplemental classes as time allows."

"Oh, so you are motivated."

"Not especially." I have a tutor on top of that, but I don't want to be seen as a study freak, so I don't mention it. "It seems even internal students are all studying for entrance exams this summer."

"You would think." Yeah, I can't relax listening to all the loud grasshoppers. The ants are quietly preparing for winter.

But here's another grasshopper being merry looking ahead to summer vacation. The grasshopper named Kaburagi Masaya.

As directed by Enjou and myself, Kaburagi called Wakaba-chan and told her about applying to her cram school. She even told him, 'let's work hard together!' Huh? So you weren't turned off by that stalker, Wakaba-chan? Wow… He even got her to promise sitting next to him when they were in the same class. He just had to express his joy to someone, and sent me a longwinded message that night with plenty of exclamation points. I didn't want to be seen as always doing nothing, so I waited before responding. I lounged around, looking to reply in about an hour when he called about 10 minutes later. This is the worst… If only I had replied immediately…!

The next day, I watched him try to act indifferent, but he couldn't stop the sides of his mouth from twitching.

And today, he called me to the small meeting room after I went to the Pivoine Salon. As he poured over the latest summer event magazines, he declared, "I plan to ask her for some okonomiyaki after classes. It's a time when we should be hungry. Going over the day's lecture in a café may be good. Is there a nice café nearby? I should check. I know. An occasional break would be nice, so I should ask her on a date further away." Etc. etc.