REIKA-SAMA -294

Kazami Serika

The first reason I admired Zuiran Institute was how cute school uniform looked on the older onee-san in the neighborhood. The fine white design possessed an air about it unlike any other school uniform, and it was love at first sight. I exclaimed, "That clothes on the onee-san's cute!" to my mother who replied, "That's the uniform that you can wear if you attend a school called Zuiran Institute."

"Zuiran Institute." I didn't know what kind of school that was but wanting to wear that uniform I said, "I want to go to Zuiran, too," much to the joy of my parents, who went to ask that onee-san's family about Zuiran. The Onee-san's family ran a general practice hospital that also specialized in multiple departments, so my family went to them when we had a cold or for preventive care, so the director parents' and onee-san greeted me with a smile and told us about the entrance exams.

The onee-san in high school and the junior high students wore the white blazer, but the elementary school wore navy colors. I felt bummed a little, but the grade school uniform in the pamphlet they showed me were very cute, so it reaffirmed me wanting to attend Zuiran. The stained glass windows in the school building looked like a church, and the building was like a castle in the middle of the forest, so beautiful.

"Serika-chan, Zuiran has a society called the Pivoine composed of chosen students."

"Pivoine?"

"Yes, it means the peony flower in French. 'Regal presence' is it known as in the language of flowers. As the name implies, they are worthy of ruling over Zuiran."

I didn't understand some of the words well, but her stories of Zuiran elevated my admiration of Zuiran. A special school with special people. There must be many people like princesses and princes, and if I were in the Pivoine, I'd be able to spend my time as a princess in my dreams.

I had already been attending preschool to study for elementary school entrance, so I didn't change much other than making Zuiran my target. The study became harder to match Zuiran, though. Even so, I worked hard to wear that uniform. Mother said that some children from especially powerful houses were entering Zuiran this year, so competition would be fierce. I was uneasy about qualifying, but it was worth working so hard at my lessons when I was accepted into the idolized Zuiran…. But I wasn't able to get into the Pivoine. Even so, I was happy when I wore the uniform. A shiny, wonderful uniform and a shiny school. I was going to have a splendid time at the sparkling Zuiran!

I found out what the 'special people' were like after the entrance ceremony when I entered my class. Kisshouin Reika-sama… I understood the moment I saw this child. No, this person was so unlike any of the other kids. She was what I idolized about Zuiran. The big eyes, the pink cheeks, the beautifully curled hair were that of a princess in a picture book. There really was a princess in Zuiran!

As the daughter of the Kisshouin Group, and descended from nobility, she was obviously a member of the Pivoine. So this is the Pivoine! And this girl is the princess of the Pivoine! Incredible! Just incredible! Maybe I can be like a princess if I stayed next to her! I anxiously greeted Reika-sama. The western doll smiled at me.

There were other members of the Pivoine, but Reika-sama stood out among them. First, their wealth. My family was comparatively wealthy, but the Pivoine were on a different level. Even among the Pivoine, the Kisshouin family were among the top. Add the bloodlines that wealth can't buy, and how calm and capable Reika-sama was compared to us of the same age, and her doll-like face stroke admiration of the girls, and all students held her in awe and fear.

Even among the special class, the Pivoine, Reika-sama was at the pinnacle. If the world were right, she really would be a princess. I was proud to be the closest to her. Reika-sama is the symbol of what a perfect Zuiran girl was!