REIKA-SAMA -297

297

After attending summer classes at the cram school in the morning, I was to attend the supplemental classes at Zuiran. There was to be a short test and which would also include material for the second term, so I can't miss it.

"You're leaving, Kisshouin-san?"

"Yes, I'm going to my school's supplemental class."

Good luck said Umewaka-kun and the others as they saw me off. Tagaki-kun was walking ahead of me for the same reason, so I offered him a ride, but "I, I will be going by train, so!" and saying so, he dashed away. Hey, if you run all out in this heat, you'll get a heat stroke!

Almost the entire large classroom was filled by those attending English class. I usually sit with Iinchou, but this time, I had to sit elsewhere. I looked around to see who else was attending and saw Wakaba-chan. She noticed my gaze and waved her hand slightly, so I smiled at her so that only she would notice. And we signaled to each other that we'd meet later with our eyes. I had promised to go over to her house after this.

I was still sore today, so I skipped Kaburagi's training. I was hoping that the training would just disappear, but if I don't mail him my meal menu, he sends messages to scold me, so that probably won't happen… After I send him my dinner menu, he sends a total calorie count for the day. After receiving that, I laughed derisively at how little he knew. Lazy folk in this world have snacks and midnight meals before they go to bed.

Right before class started, Tagaki-kun came in not looking so well. There, he should have rode with me.

The English test was fairly easy. Unfortunately, the material had already been covered by Kaburagi's Spartan study regimen for the end of term tests. Humph, I feel like I was defeated with his studies sticking to me…

I knew that Wakaba-chan was going to attend another class before going home, so I decided to stop by the handicrafts club during that time. Some enthusiastic members were attending almost every day during summer vacation, so I wouldn't be much of a club president if I didn't show my face, even if I am a president in name only. I entered the clubroom to find several members performing handicrafts as the chatted.

"Gokigen yoh, everyone."

"Oh, Reika-senpai."

"Reika-sama, gokigen yoh."

Greeted by the smiling members, I walk around the room to look at their work and speak with them as the president. I'm taking the day off today from handicrafts. Because I forgot to bring my material…

"The dress is coming along nicely." I thanked the members working on the wedding dress, the centerpiece of the school festival, and they all happily nodded.

"This year's is particularly well made." The vice president walked up next to me.

"Yes, it's beautifully made. I'm looking forward to its completion."

Hearing my approval, Minami-kun smiled happily. I'm not kidding nor speaking out of bias. The wedding dress being spearheaded by the embroidering genius, Minami-kun, displays unprecedented quality.

"I'd like as many people to see this as possible."

"Yes."

Everyone's working so hard over their vacation that I want everyone to see this. Unfortunately, not too many guests come to our exhibition. Compared to the class features and refreshment booths, handicrafts might be dull… That's the same with most production showcases.

"First, we would need to have them want to see our exhibition." That's the most difficult step.

"The flower arrangement club are allowing having their work shown all over to have passing guest see them." So we can't just wait for the guests to come see our work.