REIKA-SAMA -275

On the day of the closing ceremony, while other students have plans to meet outside on this short school day, I can't since I have to be in the Pivoine Salon.

"It's too bad that Reika-sama can't come…" Despite that, Serika-chan and the others are happily planning what to do.

"Why don't we have lunch at the place in the magazine?"

"That new, trendy spot with the fashionable lunch plate?"

"Right, right."

"The soup looked nice with all the ingredients."

"Sounds nice. Where should we go for tea after that?"

"Let's see…"

"I want to shop for summer clothes."

"Me, too. Should we go shopping after we eat?"

Sounds nice. Sounds fun. I want to go, too. I can't see most of them over the holidays since our homes are far apart. But as a daughter of the Kisshouin family, I can't ignore the relationships made in the Pivoine. After all, the Pivoine was formed in part to bring those of families of high social and financial standing together. That's partly why even Kaburagi shows up in the Salon.

And the president in measured by how much the Salon prospered, so I have to prop up Kaburagi, being in the same grade. I can't have people talk about 'that grade…' It affects the rest of the class. Even without me, Kaburagi has plenty of believers who gather, so I shouldn't worry.

It they're going out until late afternoon, I might be able to join them later. Will they ask me? I want them to ask me… I sent out signals in my mind, but nobody seemed to notice…

"I want a hairpin to match my new yukata (a summer kimono) that's suitable for the summer, but will you come with me?"
"Wow, Rune-san, what design did you get for your yukata? I had one made for the fireworks festival."

"Oh, the fireworks festival!?" I reacted "Ayame-san, you're going to a fireworks festival?"

"Uh, yes." Lucky, lucky. I want to go in my yukata, too!

"That sounds like fun. Which one will you be attending?"

Ayame-chan names a famous one. Ah, that one. I've seen that one with my family a few times while we looked from a nearby hotel having dinner. It's always extravagant. It's stress-free watching away from the crowds, but it's fun to be with people, too. Walking around in the yukata with friends, having food from the food stands, to watch is the essence of the fireworks festival.

If I actually went, it's too crowded to move, it's hot, it's tiring, and my feet would hurt, and I wouldn't be able to watch properly, but even that would become nice memories.

I want to go. Maybe I should ask everyone. They wouldn't mind going, if they had yukatas made.

"Rune-san, everyone, do you have plans to see a fireworks festival?"

"Us?" As expected, they became excited about going to this festival and that. Of course. After having a yukata made, you'd want to wear it. But it sounds like they already have plans to see it with somebody. Hmm… Too late. Either way, it's hard to imagine me walking around with Serika-chan and the others to walk around the food stands at a festival. They might be be stunned if I suggested it.

"Oh, it's Kaburagi-sama and Enjou-sama."

As we entered the auditorium, we saw Kaburagi and Enjou shining brilliantly under the lighting from above. Their very existence is showy. They're under the same lighting as the other students, so why do they seem to shine? Do they actually radiate light?