REIKA-SAMA -268

I arrive at the handicrafts club to find several others already working on the wedding dress.

"Gokigen yoh, Reika-sama."

"Gokigen yoh, everyone. You're all working so hard. Is there anything that I can do to assist?"

"Can you continue the embroidery in this area, president?"

"Very well."

Minami-kun, the master of embroidery and a junior, is primarily responsible for the embroidery on the wedding dress. His work is so beautiful that I think he could make it as a professional. I'm still not any good at detailed embroidery, so I'm not much help, but I work on parts that aren't readily seen along the hem. The kindness of allowing even clumsy and unskilled members like me is another good point of the handicrafts club.

"Reika-sama." As I gazed at Minami-kun's skilled hands, the vice president that worked supporting the president in name only, came to me. "I wished to discuss something."

"What is it?"

She covered her mouth and whispered, "Concerning the next president of the handicrafts club, I thought that Minami-kun would be good, but what do you think?"

"The next president…" That's right. I'd forgotten, but if Fellow Stalking Horse is about to step down, it's about time for the handicrafts club to also change. "I see… Minami-kun is skilled at handicrafts and would be suitable as the next president." And he loves handicrafts enough to join the club, despite being a boy. He'll become a president many times greater than me, and advance the club to greater heights.

I felt pangs of sadness as I was nearing retirement from the handicrafts club. The first team wasn't over, but I still feel sadness…

As I was becoming sentimental, the vice president said, "One more thing. Reika-sama, will you make a wedding doll?"

"Wedding doll?" My eyes grew wide at the unexpected suggestion. A wedding doll is that. The things on the welcoming board to greet the guests, the deformed animal bride and groom dolls.

"We were thinking about making a wedding doll wearing that wedding dress and having it decorate the welcoming board by the exhibit."

"Oh, that would be cute." A cute, mini-plush with a gorgeous dress to greet everyone. Sounds good. "But should I be the one making it?" I don't want to say it, but I have no skill. Should I be making anything so prominent?

"Of course. You are the face of the handicrafts club, so that's meaningful in itself. The entire club agrees. Please put all your feelings for the handicrafts club into this." I was touched. They're letting me take some credit as the president, even though I can't even help much on the wedding dress. That sentiment makes me happy…

"Yes, I'll work hard…" I might start to cry if I relaxed, so I nodded, holding my lips together tightly, and the vice president gave me a smile of unconditional maternal love. I feel the gazes of the other members around us. I'm glad that I entered the handicrafts club. I don't know how well I can do it, but I'll work as hard as I can to make a wonderful final product. "So how should I go about this?" There are simple kits for wedding dolls for sale, but I can't be using them.

"Reika-sama is synonymous with needle felt. So how about doing that?"

Needle felt! Then maybe I can do it! "All right!"

"This is one of the show pieces, so it will have to be fairly large. It will be difficult."

"Don't worry. I'll work hard," I said with excitement.

"And the dress for the doll will have to match the wedding dress and made separately."

Uh…. So I'll have to handcraft the dress instead of making it from felt… That just made things a lot more difficult. Even a miniature version of that detailed design would be… I mind almost broke glancing at the wedding dress still being worked on, but I can do it!