REIKA-SAMA -200

In order to avoid being spotted by anyone from Zui’ran, we agreed to meet up one station down from her house, in a lonely little café that none of them would ever visit.

Just being extra careful, right?

A cow bell rang as I opened the door, and I stepped into a café with a retro aesthetic.

Wakaba-chan was reading a textbook at a seat near the back.

I see.

So the smart kids made use of this time to study too!

“Sorry, did I keep you waiting?”

“Nope, not at all. I actually thought you’d be a little longer, really,” she smiled, closing her book.

On a day like this I’d normally have gone to the salon, and then to the clubroom, but I told them all that I was feeling bad.

On the way out Kaburagi seemed like he really wanted to say something, but that was scary so I power walked to the car park.

Thank goodness he hadn’t asked me to stop…

Since this place didn’t serve hot chocolate, I went with milk tea instead.

Wakaba-chan was drinking a hot coffee.

She’s so mature.

“I was surprised you would be here so early, Takamichi-san. Was there no Student Council work today?”

“There was, but I said I had some family matters to take care of so they excused me.”

“I see…”

Fellow Stalking Horse had also asked me what happened in his capacity as the StuCo President.

All I could tell him was that I heard somebody while on the way back from the nurse’s office. I picked up the marker and discovered the graffiti.

I wonder if he believed me.

The other members of his Student Council seemed to be suspicious of me.

“At any rate, regarding today’s incident…”

“Yeah. It must have been rough, Kisshouin-san. Was everything okay after that? You really had it tough.”

The first words that came out of her mouth were sympathies.

“Ah… So you really believe me when I say it was not I, then…”

“Of course I do!” she nodded.

Her expression told me that it wasn’t even in question.

Not even a doubt in her mind.

“Why are you so certain of that? I am quite sure that I was the most suspicious one there. I would have thought a little doubt to be natural…”

“Ehh? It’s because I’ve always considered you my closest ally, I guess.”

“!?”