REIKA-SAMA -180

Happy New Year. I gained an urna.

Well, strictly speaking it's just a straight white hair on the right edge of my hairline, so maybe it's not an urna but just a lucky hair?

I realised it after the New Year's holiday, just as everyone was returning to their jobs and school.

I was tying up my hair as always to dab medicine onto my eyebrows when I discovered on my forehead what seemed to be a shining clear thread.

What a shock. Apparently I was the reincarnation of a bodhisattva.

Late last year was just packed with so much trouble that I even lost hair.

That's why on New Year's I very thoroughly purified myself.

I even used my own money for very generous donations.

Maybe that's why a few hairs on my eyebrows were starting to grow back.

You've been working hard, my hair roots! Still kind of sparse though.

But still, I bet this was because my biggest cause of stress was gone now.

As for this urna, or lucky hair or whatever, didn't this mean I was bound to be lucky this year!? Both in money and love.

Ah, but as a young girl I couldn't exactly just leave some random hair growing on my forehead...

Maybe it would be fine if I covered it with my fringe?

It was nice seeing all the familiar faces again after the break. I think every school was like this.

"Happy New Year," I said as I stepped into my group.

"Happy New Year, Reika-sama!" they replied.

We began to chat about winter break.

"I'm fat from all the food I had on New Year's day."

"Don't say that, Kikuno-san. I've gotten fatter too~"

"Me too, me too."

It was the same conversation that every girl had after New Year's.

Why did New Year's food make you so fat?

Maybe it was all the rice cakes.

Isobeyaki had rice cakes too.

Every New Year's you ended up with this weird sense of duty to finish the rice cakes off. Thanks to that you just ended up eating, didn't you.

I wasn't that fond of ozouni, but isobeyaki was delicious.

"Goodness! What a precious watch you have, Reika-sama!"

"Oh, this was my parents' Christmas present to me," I explained.

"My!"

"How did you spend your Christmas?" somebody asked.

"Nothing special," I said. "I just spent it with a small gathering of friends. And you all?"