REIKA-SAMA -295

Having undergone the Spartan training under Kaburagi the demon, and sleeping like mud from utter exhaustion, in the dead of night, while turning in bed, half-asleep, the instant I stretched my leg, a sharp pain hit me with a bang! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! Cramping in my leg!

I jumped up from the pain and held my calf with my hands while rolling on the bed. "OWWWW!" It feels like my calf is being torn apart. I can't breathe from the pain. I break out in a cold sweat and my hair stands up. I desperately rub my leg while clenching my teeth. I've heard that the palm of people's hands have the power of soothing!

It hurts, it hurts, it hurts…! Oh god, oh Buddha, please help. My ancestors, I'll visit your graves properly, so help! Father, mother, Onii-sama, it hurts!

…I don't know how much time had passed, but after my eternal torment had passed, my soul was about to depart. I gently rubbed my calf with its lingering pain, and I wiped my tears. This is for that ridiculous exercise… Misfortune comes in bunches. I deliberately reach for my cellphone by my pillow and disregarding the time, I mailed Kaburagi, 'Just now, I underwent deadly torment from cramping in my leg.' Feel remorse for your excessive coaching.

Oh, I can still feel it. What should I do after cramping? Cool it? Warm it? I gingerly move my leg but it doesn't snap off and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary like being unable to walk… My day starts early in the morning, so I should get back to bed, although I'm afraid of the cramping coming back. I was already exhausted, but this made me even more tired.

Then my cellphone rang out announcing new mail… Kaburagi, you woke up. Or were you already awake? It doesn't matter. I can't allow Kaburagi sleeping peacefully when he was the cause of my torment from cramping of my leg in the middle of the night.

I look at the new mail. 'Don't forget to stretch and massage properly before and after exercise.' …Huh? That's it? Kaburagi! Who's fault do you think this is?! Show me some consideration! Be driven to remorse!

'I likely have some damage to my leg considering this cramping, so I will rest tomorrow. I will not go to the gym.' Send!

I turn off the cellphone and toss it off the bed and gingerly lie down on the bed being careful of my calf. In my dream, I sit by Kaburagi's pillow and drop water one drip at a time on his forehead. Drip, drip, drip, drip… Kaburagi struggles in his sleep, and I smile. That was my dream. That was not torture. That was the Indian therapy, shirodhara.

"Good morning."

"Mornin… Kisshouin-san, you look tired. Are you okay?" Umewaka-kun turned around as I greeted my friends at cram school, and he was immediately worried. Yes, I think I aged a few years in those few hours… I went back to sleep after that, but when I awoke, my entire body was even more sore. The stairs are especially bad. Just going down one step causes pain in my muscles and bone. And the cramped leg still has lingering pain deep within.

I have supplemental classes today, so I need to relieve some pain, even a little. It hurts even to move my arm, and I have trouble getting my notebook. I sprayed medicine for muscle relief all over my body, concentrating on my leg. Not caring about the cost, I used the entire can all at once. I had sore shoulders, too, so I used it there, also. I hope that eases things a little…

Then, I immediately became cold. Oh? Oh? When the air conditioning hit me, my body started to shiver. It's getting colder. Did I use too much? It's cold. This is no good. I should wash it off in the shower. "NuoWAAA!" As a result, I learned that I shouldn't take a hot bath or shower right after using this medicine…

So, that was my morning, and I'm still exhausted since yesterday's training.

"I exercised a little yesterday, and I experienced some leg cramping at night…" I moved as slowly as possible to sit down, so as not to affect my sore muscles, and I smiled wanly.