Smells Like Teen Spirit

“I wanna be a vampire,” Allison said.

“Right,” The unknown man chuckled.

“I can be a vampire,” Allison said.

“Honey, why do you want to be a vampire?” The man asked amused.

“I wanna feel the strength, the power the beauty.” Allison sighed, “Please.”

“You’ll be danger to her after you have turned.”

“I’ll leave town.”

“Are you sure about this, love?”

“I want this.”

“Then you have my word I will change you, I’ll come one day. When I feel you are ready. Thank you for the information you have been great help.” The man said and Allison smiled.

Spencer gasped waking up. She looked around herself and took deep breaths. She took water from her bedside table with shaking hands.

*

Elena is wide awake, her alarm goes off. It's 5 AM. She gets up and looks in the mirror. She looks at the bite mark on her neck and covers it with make up.

She goes out of her room, Alaric's here. “Good morning.” He doesn't answer; he seems to have a hangover.

*

Spencer picks up her phone and calls Elena. But her phone keeps ringing and Elena doesn’t pick up.

*

In the woods, Elena’s phone is kept in the car that is parked nearby. And Spencer is calling her.

But Elena's training on one of Alaric's mannequins. He shows her how to stake a vampire with a sleeve and two stakes in it.

“So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes.” Alaric said.

“Easy enough.” Elena shrugged. She tries but the stakes stay in the sleeve, “That's weird.” She tries again but it doesn't work, “Must be jammed or something.”

“You're not strong enough.” Alaric rolled his eyes, “Better start lifting some weights, put some meat on your bones.”

“Thanks for not sugar-coating it.” Elena scoffed.

He takes something out of his bag and shows it to her, “You know what this is?”

“A vervain grenade.” Elena nodded, “I've used one before.”

“Then you know the element of surprise is your only advantage when it comes to a vampire.” He pulls the pin out of a grenade and throws it in Elena's hand. “Surprise.”

“Oh my god.” Elena gasped. She throws it in the air and the grenade explodes. “This isn't a joke to me, Ric.”

“You think I'm joking?” Alaric raised his eyebrows, “Vampires will take whatever they want. They will hurt whoever they want. And they'll do it without remorse. It's their nature.”

“You don't have to use pronouns.” Elena said, “You can say Stefan.”

“Look, I get why you're here. Stefan hurt you.” Alaric said, “You don't want it to happen again.”

“But you think that I'm crazy.” Elena said, “To believe that I can protect myself from a vampire who's flipped the switch on his humanity.”

“I think you found a way to get out of bed this morning. And that makes you the strongest person I know.” Alaric said, “I think that you can do pretty much anything.” He gives her the sleeve with the stakes. She puts the sleeve back on.