Masquerade

At the Salvatore Boarding House, Caroline is sitting on the couch. Damon gives her a glass of blood. “Here.” He said looking at Caroline.

Caroline nods and takes a sip, “I'm still shaking.”

Stefan walks into the room and frowns, “What happened?”

“Go ahead, tell him.” Damon said to Caroline. He turned to look at Stefan, “You're gonna love this.”

Caroline inhaled and said, “I saw Katherine today.”

Stefan furrowed his brows further, “Where?”

“At the grill.” Caroline said, “I just stopped by to gawk and... quasi-stalk Matt.”

Flashback

At the Grill, Caroline is looking at Matt; he sees her. “Do you need a table?”

“No, I'm not staying.” Caroline stuttered, “I just needed to use the little girls' room.”

Flashback Ended

“Skip the teen drama and get to it.” Damon rolled his eyes.

“Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus.” Caroline explained.

Flashback

Caroline is in the bathroom. She's washing her hands when Katherine arrives. She poses as Elena. “Elena?”

“Hey, I saw you with Matt, are you okay?” Katherine said innocently.

“Yeah, you know... whatever.” Caroline tries to super speed passed Katherine, but Katherine grabs her and pulls her back.

“You're good.” Katherine smirked, “What gave me away? Was it the hair? Or was it my clothes?”

“I know Elena is...I know Elena's at home.” Caroline said fearing Katherine.

“I need you to deliver a message.” Katherine said.

Flashback Ended

“What was the message?” Stefan asked.

Flashback

“Tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood.” Katherine smirked while flipping her hair.

Flashback Ended

“Tell him the rest of it.” Damon said.

Flashback

“Tonight, at the masquerade ball.” Katherine smirked.

Flashback Ended

“She wants to do it in public.” Stefan raised his eyebrows, “Killing Mason threw her off guard.”

“She's running scared.” Damon said, “What she did to Elli was desperate. Jenna too. She's out of tricks.”

“We can't underestimate her.” Stefan said, “We have to play this smarter than her.”

Caroline groaned, “Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?”

“No, Katherine's not getting dick.” Damon said, “I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight.”

“You're not gonna kill her.” Stefan said looking at Damon.

“Don't give me that goody-goody crap.” Damon glared at Stefan.