Isobel Part 1

Isobel and Alaric are standing at the bar, “It’s good to see you. You look good. I hear that you’re a high school history teacher? How is that?”

Alaric looked at her, “Where have you been, Isobel?”

“I don't have any reasons that are gonna comfort you. I don't have any explanations that are gonna satisfy you. I wanted this.”

“It's that simple?”

“Yeah.” Isobel nodded, “You were supposed to mourn me, and move on.”

“You were my wife, and I loved you. How could I not search for you?”

“Because I wasn't lost, Rick.” She takes a paper and writes something. “I understand that you know my daughter Elena and I hear that she’s been looking for me. So…” She gives the paper to Alaric. “I want you to arrange for a meeting with us.” Isobel looked at him, “And I even wanted to talk to that Spencer girl.”

Alaric looks at the paper, “You want me to deliver a message?”

Isobel smiles, “Yeah.”

Alaric scoffs and throws the paper, “Screw you. You selfish bitch.” He gets up and leaves. Alaric is going to his car. Isobel arrives behind him. “What do you want from me?”

“I told you.”

Alaric shook his head, “I’m not gonna do anything for you.”

She strangles him and pushes him against his car, “You better tell Elena and Spencer that I want to meet them or I’m gonna start killing the citizens of this town one by one and I’m gonna start with your history students. Got it?” She throws him on the floor and gives him the paper. She turns around and said, “And I want to meet them separately.” He gets up and looks at the paper.

*

Spencer woke up feeling the head ache from crying yesterday. Then yesterday’s events came back to her. She was still avoiding her parents. She hadn’t checked in on Stefan but Elena told her that he was back to normal. And she also revealed the past of the Salvatore brothers that she had discovered. Spencer had realised that everybody has a dark side, Stefan does too.

Spencer called Stefan, not expecting it when Damon picked up the phone. “I’m supposed to help build the Miss Mystic float for the Founder’s Day parade. If I don’t I get the wrath of Caroline but I wanted to check in first.”

“Well, I’m doing great, thanks for asking.” Damon said.

“Checking on Stefan.”

“Oh, him? Oh, he's... he’s terrible.”

Spencer frowned, “What's the matter?”

“He's just back to boring, straight-laced, off the junk. Elena has successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality.”

“Don't forget who helped me.” Spencer chuckled.

“I hate myself.” He smiles. “How are you?”

“I am okay.” Spencer said.

“Good,” Damon smiled. “Did you talk to Elena?”

“Yup,” Spencer said. “Why?”

“Did Uncle John mention anything to her about my field trip with the history teacher?”

“No. I think she’s still been avoiding him. Why? What’s he up to?”

“I don’t know. But I’d love if she could find out for me.” Damon said.

“I’ve got to go I’m late.” Spencer said looking at the time.