Do Not Go Gentle

In his Mansion, Klaus is being creative working on an abstract painting on an easel. 'Rebekah' enters. Klaus looks up, "What took you so long?"

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She shows him a stake, "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?"

She nodded, "The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

Klaus puts the paintbrush down, takes the stake from Rebekah and throws it into the flames in the fireplace. The flames flare up around the stake.

"Well that's that then."

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus said.

"Today?"

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here." Klaus shrugged, "We'll grab the younger doppelgänger and be off by sunset."

"But tonight is the decade dance."

"So?"

"So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go."

"I'm not going to any dance." Klaus scoffed.

She smirked, "Caroline will be there."

"That means nothing to me."

"Please, I have big plans for tonight." 'Rebekah' pleaded, "Just go for me."

"Okay, fine." Klaus gritted his teeth, "One last hoorah."

"One last hoorah, Nik."

*

Damon is on the phone with Alaric who is in the Klaus Mansion, "Where've you been? I've been calling you all day."

"Yeah," Alaric said, "Sorry about that. I just needed to get my head together."

"So I take it Rebekah got the stake?"

"I don't know. I woke up alone." Alaric said, "There's no sign of it."

"Lovely." Damon said, "What now?"

"Well I think I need to get out of town. Somewhere secluded." Alaric said, "I keep blacking out which means I'm still a threat to everyone."

"I don't know if right now is the best time for you to be going on a spirit quest, Ric."

"It's just for a couple of days. I'm stocked up on Bonnie's herbs, so I should be fine." Alaric said, " I gotta go." Alaric hangs up.

'Rebekah' walks in as Alaric has finished his call with Damon, "Quite the cunning liar."

"Well Damon is too arrogant to think his only friend would betray him."

"Just as Niklaus would blindly accept an invitation from his beloved sister, unaware that he is heading to his own death." She dips a silver dagger in a glass bottle of white oak ash.

"Did you give him the stake?"

"He burned it without hesitation."

"So where's the real one?" Alaric asked.

"You'll get it when it can no longer be used against me in this body." 'Rebekah' opens a coffin revealing Esther's body.

"So how do you..." Alaric rubbed his hair.

"How do I return to my true form?" 'Rebekah' smiled, "With a little magic and some help from a vampire hunter." She hands Alaric the silver dagger. Alaric stabs her and she collapses on the floor. A few moments later Esther gasps and wakes up in the coffin.