Fool Me Once

Spencer groggily awakens and spots Ben sitting in a chair by the end of the bed, sleeping. She gasps and sits up frantically. Spencer’s eyes widens when she says Elena passed out on the bed, Spencer looks around for a way out and stares at the front door. She looks from Ben to Elena to the door, estimating if she can make it with Elena without waking him. Quietly, Spencer tries to wake Elena whose eyes opens and realises what’s happening. Spencer nods towards the door and Elena nods, they both slide off the bed and slowly step over Ben's outstretched leg. Spencer slowly backs up to the door, keeping an eye on Ben. She unlocks the deadbolt on the door, looking back at Ben occasionally. Spencer turns the lock on the door and prepares to open it and motions for Elena to come.

“I wouldn't.”

Spencer gasps and spins around. Ben inches towards Elena and Spencer and uses his compulsion on them.

“Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?” He said to each of the girl.

“I understand.” Spencer nods pretending to be compelled. Elena follows her and does the same.

Ben scoffs and turns around to get a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge. Spencer opens the front door and bolts out with Elena behind her, but Anna blocks her escape. Anna grabs Spencer by the hair and pushes her back into the motel room.

“Seriously?!” Anna scoffed.

“I told her not to move! I did that eye thing that you taught me!” Ben yelled.

“And forgot the lesson about vervain! They date a vampire, Ben. Duh!”

Anna pushes Spencer up against a wall and opens the bathroom door.

“Who are you? What do you want?” Elena asked.

“Does it matter?”

Anna forcefully pushes Elena ad Spencer into the bathroom and shuts the door. Spencer flips the light switch and calmly searches the room for another exit. Elena looks over towards the bathtub and sees Bonnie lying in it, unconscious. Elena and rush over to her.

“Bonnie?” Spencer lifts Bonnie's head up, “Oh my god!”

*

Damon is in the study, reading through Emily's grimoire. Stefan enters the room with an anxious look on his face. Damon does not look up at him.

“Anna took Elena.” Stefan said.

“Yeah, I got that from your 600 voice mails.” Damon rolled his eyes.

Stefan strides across the room towards Damon. “Damon, all night long, every single street in town, I've been searching.”

“Your problem, buddy,” Damon said without looking at Stefan.

Stefan scoffed, “What if I told you, Anna has Spencer also?”

Damon’s head turned towards Stefan so fast, his eyes had anger in them but he hid it so well. “Then I’ll tell you it’s not my problem.”

“What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?” Stefan asked with fear in his voice.

“Well, then at least you know you'll see her again.”

“Please.” Stefan sits down on the sofa, next to Damon. “What do you know? You were with Anna, you must know where's she living. Just tell me where I can find her.”

“Nope. You can go. Really.”

“You know, all I can remember is hating you. There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you.” Damon lays the grimoire down and gives his attention to Stefan. “But see, I also know you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Katherine got taken away from you because of me. And I'm sorry.”