Bad Moon Rising

Alaric arrives at the Salvatore’s house, Stefan opens the door. “Thanks for coming, Ric.”

“Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?” Damon rolled his eyes.

“The girls mentioned you needed my help.” Alaric said looking towards Spencer and Elena who were sitting on the couch.

“Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family.” Stefan said.

At the Lockwood mansion we see Tyler observing Mason. Mason is going outside the house, he’s going for a run.

At the Boarding House Ric furrowed his eyebrows, “Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood’s?”

“Well, you wouldn’t. But your dead not dead vampire wife might.” Damon said.

“Isobel’s research from when you guys were at Duke together.” Elena said.

“You said that she had spent years researching this town.” Stefan said.

“Isobel’s research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction.” Alaric said.

“Like that amazing vampire story.” Damon smirked.

“Aside from vampires, what else?” Elena asked.

“The lycanthrope.” Alaric answered.

“What are the lycanthropes?” Elena asked confused.

Spencer took a deep breath and looked at Elena, “Werewolves.” Her mind was somewhere else, she was thinking about Elli who had showed up at her doorstep the night before. Plus, Damon was also avoiding her because of their late night talk that day.

“No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney.” Damon rolled his eyes.

“Is it?” Stefan hummed.

“I’ve been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?” Damon said.

Outside the Lockwood Mansion, we see Mason running in the woods. Tyler is following him. Mason goes into the ruins.

Back at the Boarding House, Ric asked. “Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?”

“Because vervain didn’t affect the mayor at Founder’s day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler.” Damon said.

“And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behaviour when he fought with one of the carnival’s worker.” Stefan said.

In the woods we see Mason going out from the ruins. Tyler watches him and goes in the ruins.

Stefan said, “It suggests it’s some sort of a supernatural entity.”

“We were hoping that Isobel’s research could help us figure it out what it is.” Elena said politely.

“Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there, she’s technically still missing.” Alaric said.

“So can we get access to it?” Damon asked.

Tyler is in the ruins. He’s under the earth. He takes pictures of the underground quarters.

“Ric, we need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolf men thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it’s not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed.” Damon rolled his eyes.