Dinner Party

Spencer watched as another thing fell out of the envelope, Spencer bent to pick it up. Spencer gasped when she saw what it was. It was a picture.

The picture was of the one like Isobel had given her of Elli and Spencer at the time of her birth. It was the same day's. The only difference was that in this picture, along with Elli holding Spencer, John had his arm around Elli.

Spencer turned around the photograph, she gasped when she read what it had written.

'Perfect, complete Family.'

*

At the lake house, Elena is sitting on the sofa, reading one of Jonathan Gilbert's journals.

Flashback

1864, Gilbert House. "With the dying embers of the fire at Fell's Church, the scourge of the vampires had passed. And though war raged all around us, our town was safe from the demons of the night... Or so we thought." Jonathan Gilbert said.

At the Gilbert house of the past. Jon Gilbert, Elizabeth Hastings, Honoria and Thomas Fell are enjoying dinner and some wine. A man walks across the yard, outside, and up towards the house.

Flashback Ended

Elena flips to the next page of the journal and reads it with interest.

Flashback

1864, Gilbert House. "For the monsters we drove to their fiery deaths had begat new monsters."

Outside of the house, the Fells, Elizabeth and Jon hear a creaking board being unsettled by footsteps. They look over at the window.

"Did you hear that?" Elizabeth asked.

Thomas walks over to the window and peers out. There is no one in sight. Thomas picks up a knife from the table. "Stay here."

"No, Thomas."

"It's all right, dear, the vampires are all dead." Thomas smiled at his wife.

"Yes, Honoria... they burned in the church." Jonathan said, "We're safe now."

Thomas walks out of the house, leaving the front door open behind him. Honoria still looks worried. "Please, Jonathan. I'm worried."

"Very well." Jonathan said, "I shall go too." Jonathan gets up from the table and walks outside. Thomas is in the yard, searching around, with the knife pointed out in defence. Jonathan walks towards him. "I can prove there are no vampires." Thomas looks at him. Jonathan pulls out the vampire compass and holds it out. Nothing happens. "See?"

For a moment, Thomas looks relieved. But, the arrow of the compass starts spinning around and around at an incredible speed. Jonathan looks down at it and tries to follow the direction the arrow is pointing. When he turns back around, Thomas has disappeared.

"Thomas? Thomas?!"

Jonathan walks down from the porch and looks around. His eyes are wide with fear. Suddenly, behind Jonathan, Thomas' body falls from the sky. Jonathan turns around and looks down at the body. Honoria has come out onto the porch and runs towards Thomas. Elizabeth is behind her.

"Thomas!"

"No, stay inside! Get back in the house!" Jonathan yelled to the ladies.

The vampire rushes onto the porch and grabs Honoria. He bites into her throat and drains her of her blood. She falls down on the floor, dead. He does the same with the scared Elizabeth. Jonathan watches as the vampire slowly turns to look at him.