1912

Flashback

Mystic Falls, 1912. Atthe town square, two men exit a council's meeting. One of them says, "Will youget home alright, Mr. Salvatore? I can send for one of the police vehicles."

"Oh, a winter chillnever hurt anyone, Sheriff Forbes."

"I'm less concernedabout the cold front, more for your safety."

"One council men'smurder doesn't make an epidemic, Gerald." Mr. Salvatore said, "Good night."

"Good night."

Zachariah Salvatore leavesand starts to walk across the square, alone. He hears a noise and is suddenlystabbed. He starts bleeding as he collapses and dies.

Flashback Ended

*

At the Mystic Falls Police station, Sheriff Forbes and MayorLockwood are walking towards the police station.

"The mystery is not going to get solved any faster with youyelling at me, Carol." Liz said.

"We have two council murders and an attempted murder on ourhands. If you have a suspect, it is your duty to keep me in the loop."

"No, it's my duty to make sure I don't accuse an innocentperson of being a serial killer."

"Just, tell me who it is, Liz." Carol said.

*

Alaric wakes up. He is in a holding cell, Alaric is talkingto Sheriff Forbes and Damon. He is still in the holding cell. "I didn't do it."

"You're arresting him for what Melissa says? Where the hellis Spencer?"

"No, I'm detaining him. The cell is for his own good." Lizsaid, "You were shot; Dr. Hastings used vampire blood to heal you."

"Dr. Hastings is the one who shot me." Alaric said.

Because you came at her with a knife!" Liz said.

"Yeah, with a knife I had found hidden in her things!"

"Are we gonna ignore the part where he is one of thekiller's victims? I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death." Damonsaid.

"Well, Melissa suggested his wounds could have beenself-inflicting."

"You think I stabbed myself?" Alaric asked.

"Look, I think I don't know what to think." Liz sighed, "I'vegot nothing, except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of afounding family pointing a very long finger."

"She is setting me up." Alaric said, "I'm being framed here!"He turned to Damon, "Call Spencer."

Damon nodded as he was already dialling on his phone.

"Well, that may be so, but I don't have any proof of that."Liz told Alaric.

"Well then we'll find some." Damon said.

"No, just stay out of this, Damon." Liz said, "You gettinginvolved is only going to make matters worse."

"Listen, Liz..."

"Don't make me put you in that cell with him!" Liz narrowedher eyes at Damon.

"Did you get through Spencer?" Alaric asked.

Damon shook his head frustrated.

*

Matt and Elena are jogging together through a neighborhood." What are we running, a marathon?"