Bringing Out The Dead

Elijah and Niklaus are standing face to face. Elijah is amused whereas Klaus is afraid, "You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?"

"You look like you could do with a drink." Klaus gulped, "And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

Elijah attacks him; Klaus flies through a window.

"Easy." Klaus gritted his teeth, "I just finished renovating. You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family." Elijah attacks him again, Klaus undaggers Kol and threatens Elijah with the dagger, "Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

"Come on. Use it. I dare you." Elijah smiled, "You'll have Kol to deal with."

"Mikael is dead."

Elijah blinked, "What did you say?"

"I killed him. With his own weapon." Klaus said, "He's gone Elijah. Forever."

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century." Elijah crossed his arms.

"Because of Stefan Salvatore." Klaus said, "He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

"What are you doing?"

Klaus daggers Kol again, "Always and forever." Klaus turned around and looked at Elijah, "I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again."

Klaus closes Kol's coffin lid.

*

"Morning," Elena said walking downstairs.

"Thought we had aspirin." Alaric groaned.

"Yeah in the vitamins." Elena nodded. She looked at Ric with furrowed eyebrows, "You're hungover."

"Yeah, sorry about that, it was a bit of a weird night."

"I told you you don't have to feel guilty about inviting Melissa over here." Elena said.

"Oh I know. And I thank you for that." Alaric said, "But I do feel guilty for whiskey dialing her at two in the a.m."

Elena chuckled, "No you didn't."

"Oh, yes I did."

"Oh, was she cool about it?" Elena asked.

"Well, as soon as these aspirin kick in and I remember the conversation, I'll let you know." Alaric said.

*

Spencer was packing some clothes in her hand bag when Melissa walked in her room. "You are avoiding me."

Spencer turned to face her, "No, I am not."

"Where were you last night, Spencer?"

Spencer shrugged, "I stayed with a friend."

Melissa raised her eyebrows, "You don't have to be afraid of me."

Spencer looked away.

Melissa sighed, "Remember, once you asked me that if you and somebody that was extremely close to you were in trouble, and I could only save one. Who would it be?" Melissa said, "Do you remember?"

Spencer nodded, "Yeah."

"Now, I ask you if it were to me and someone you love, what would you do?" Melissa asked, "What will your choice be?"