Dangerous Liaisons

Matt, Spencer and Elena are standing in the Hospital. Matt asked, "How's Mr. Saltzman?"

"Resigned to spending the night in observation," Spencer said, "So long as I promise to change the lock on the house."

Elena said, "So I talked to Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine." Elena looked at Matt, "Have you talked to Caroline?"

"Yeah, she's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be. Any word on who's behind these attacks?" Matt asked.

"No, Sheriff Forbes said there's no real suspects at all." Spencer said.

Out of the hospital, at the parking lot. "How are you dealing with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all of this." Spencer asked looking at Matt.

"Honestly... I'm kind of lucky, the only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow, is showing up for my shift at the grill." Matt smiled.

"Thank you, for everything today, really." Elena smiled, "Really, Matt."

"Get home safe, guys." Matt smiled and walked away.

"Thanks."

Elena gets into her car and waits for Spencer. She sees something in front of her. She gets out of her car and checks her bumper. There's nothing there. Suddenly, Rebekah appears. "Drive much?"

"Rebekah." Spencer said.

Elena gasped.

Rebekah grabs Elena and pushes her against her car. "Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena." Rebekah said, "It hurt."

"Well, hello to you too." Spencer rolled her eyes.

Rebekah tries to bite Elena, Elena screams. Spencer tried to help Elena but Rebekah garbs her by the neck.

Elijah appears, stopping Rebekah. "Elijah."

"Leave." Elijah said. Rebekah steps forward, "Are you challenging me?"

"You're pathetic." Rebekah gritted her teeth, "All of you." Rebekah disappears.

Elijah looks between Spencer and Elena.

Spencer looked at Elena, "Go on, I'll be fine."

Elena furrowed her eyebrows, "Are you sure?"

"Go, Lena." Spencer smiled.

Elena nodded and drove away.

Spencer looked at Elijah, "Elijah."

"Well... I believe we have a little catching up to do." Elijah smiled.

*

At the Hastings House, Spencer along with Elena, Stefan and Damon are standing in the kitchen.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." Elena said.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asked.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon said.

"I don't know." Elena shrugged.

"I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community." Spencer said, "Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan gritted his teeth.

"Well, not anymore... at least not according to Elijah." Spencer said.