Kill or Be Killed

Flashback

About a year ago, at Emerald Coast, Florida. Mason is in at the bar drinking, “Alright, Carlos. It's it for me.” He pays and goes outside. A man follows him. Mason goes to his car.

The man pushes him, “Mason!”

“Hey Jimmy.” Mason said, “Easy. Let’s get you home.”

“Screw you!” Jimmy yelled drunk. He pushes him again, “I know about you and Marla.”

“What are you talking about? You’ve had too much to drink.” Jimmy strangles him. Mason pushes him, “Dude! What’s up?! It’s me, Mason! I’m not messing with Marla. You know that!” Jimmy punches Mason in the face, “You don’t want to do this buddy.”

“I’ll kill you!” Jimmy gritted his teeth. Jimmy throws Mason on the floor and kicks him in the stomach. Mason catches his arm and pushes him. Then, he carries him and throws him on the floor. Jimmy’s head hit the floor very hard.

Mason gasps and bends down next to Jimmy, “Jimmy? Jimmy?” Mason finds out that Jimmy has stopped breathing and is dead.

Flashback Ended

At the Lockwood Mansion, Tyler’s eyes widened, “Wait, the guy died? You killed him?”

“He kept coming at me.” Mason said, “He got in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend.”

Tyler narrowed his eyes, “Were you?”

“No.” Mason shook his head, “No. I wouldn’t do that, he was my friend. He was drunk and attacked me. It was self-defense.”

“And it triggered the curse.”

Mason nodded, “On every full moon, I lose control. If I don’t sedate myself and chain myself down, I’ll kill anything in my path.” Mason took a deep breath and looked at Tyler, “You have to be careful. All it takes is an accident, a car wreck. Any death at your hands and you’ll have a lifetime of this. You don’t want it Tyler, trust me.”

Tyler sighed and nodded, “Alright.”

“Where is the moonstone?” Mason asked, “A deal is a deal. I answered your questions.”

“Um, yeah, I’m not sure but I’m guessing it’s in here.” He goes toward his father’s safe. “My dad, he was very kooky about his hiding spots but I figured most of them out over the years.” He opens the safe. “It’s all yours.”

Mason looks inside the safe but the moonstone isn’t there.

“Are you gonna tell me what’s so important about this rock or what?” Tyler asked.

“I told you, it’s just something I want.” Mason said, “Sentimental value.”

“Yeah, I’m not really buying that. Why do you really want it?”

“Do you know where it is or not?” Mason asked.

“No, I figured it would be in here, man.”

*

Elena is in the bathroom. Jeremy is here too, “I can’t believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf.”

Elena shrugged, “We’re not sure about that yet. The only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is.”

“It should be enough easy for us to figure it out.” Jeremy said.

“There is no us. I said that I wouldn’t keep things from you anymore. That doesn’t mean that I want you involved in it.” Elena pointed at him in a warning tone.