The Hybrid

Damon is taking off all the things from his closet and listening to the TV. Andie's death is being mentioned. Elena arrives and Damon rolled his eyes, “Just can't stay away, can you?”

“You've been dodging my calls.” Elena said.

“Yeah, well, busy dating a dead fake girlfriend and all.” Damon scoffed. 

“Why didn't you tell me?” Elena asked.

“Happy Birthday, Elena.” Damon looked at her, “Stefan killed Andie. Cake?”

Elena sighed, “He called me, Damon.”

Damon looked at her, “What?”

“Stefan called me last night.”

“Well, what'd he say?”

“He didn't say anything, but it was him.” Elena said, “I asked Sheriff Forbes if she would trace the call's origin. It came from Tennessee.”

“Where he's binge drinking on the country folk. We went through this, Elena.” Damon sighed, “Stefan's gone.” Damon rolled his eyes, “I don't mean geographically.”

“If he was gone,” Elena said, “he wouldn't have called.”

Damon looks at all the notes about leads on Stefan. He walks to his dresser and picks up a photo of himself and Spencer and throws it along with the other sheets. He burns everything.

Spencer walked into his room and gasped when she saw Elena already there. She looked between Damon and her. “Oh,” Spencer said. “I didn’t know you were here,” Spencer said looking at Elena but Elena just smiled. Then she turned her attention to Damon, “I just found out Andie died?” Damon didn’t say anything and Elena looked away. “What happened?”

“Stefan,” Damon said looking away.

Elena sighed and shook her head at Damon and walked out.

“What’s wrong with her?” Spencer asked. Damon just shrugged avoiding Spencer. “Okay...” Spencer said. Her gaze went to the pile of sheets Damon was burning. On top laid a picture of her and Damon. Spencer’s eyes widened. “You saw me, yesterday.” She muttered, “You were the one outside the window.”

Damon looked away.

“Damon,” Spencer said. He didn’t look at her, “Damon.” He flinched and looked at her, “Is that what this is? You are jealous?”

Damon scoffed, “I don’t get jealous.”

“Yeah,” Spencer said. “I think you are jealous. Because you know that somebody else can and will treat me better that you did!” Spencer yelled at him. She scoffed and ran out of his room.

*

Alaric is in his bed in his apartment. Someone knocks on the door, “Go away, Damon!” Someone knocks again. He gets up and opens the door to see Elena smiling at Alaric. “You're, uh... Not who I expected.”

“I need you to tell me what you know about Stefan and Tennessee.” Elena said walking inside.

“Did you miss the part where I checked out of all this?”

“Come on, Ric.” Elena said, “Whatever Damon knows, you know.”

“Ask Damon.”

“Yeah, but Damon's not exactly in the mood to help right now.” Elena rolled her eyes.

“For good reason.” Alaric said, “Because it's not safe for you. Stefan's off the rails.”

“Yeah, but he's still holding on to his humanity, which means he can still be saved.”