The Crying Wolf

The dead werewolves lie in a pile next to a bonfire in the woods. Brady carries another body of a dead friend over his shoulder and places him on the pile. Brady looks over at Jules, who is watching the fire burn the bodies, Jules looks up at him, sadly. Wordlessly, they walk over to Stevie, who is pacing in front of the trailer. “Go ahead. Tell her.”

“Let me just preface this with a big disclaimer that screams, ‘I should have known better.’” Stevie said.

“What is it, Stevie?” Jules asked.

“When Brady told me what that Tyler kid said about Mason being here for the moonstone, something clicked.” He said, “There was this moment back in Florida when I suspected Mason was up to something because he was banging that hot, vampire chick Kathy and he didn't want anyone to know. He was best friends with her sister, Nikolina.”

“All right.” Jules tapped her foot impatient, “Just get to the point, Stevie.”

“That is the point, Jules.” Stevie said, “It's the sun and moon curse.” He explained, “Mason was asking me all kinds of questions about it, if it could be broken, and when that evil man-witch showed up last night, double-click. Witches, vampires, moonstone. They're putting everything in place to break the curse.”

“We can't let them do that, even if we have to kill every last vampire in this town.”

*

Elena's cell phone goes off, waking up the four of girls, Caroline promptly pushes Elena out of bed. “Go away!”

“Unf.” Elena lands on the floor and looks back up at Caroline, angrily. She crawls across the floor towards her phone and takes it off the dresser. She answers phone, “Hello?”

Spencer, Caroline and Bonnie look over at Elena from Caroline's bed, all incredibly annoyed with being awaken.

“Shhh.” Bonnie groaned.

“Elena!” Spencer said.

Elena drags herself out of Caroline's room and continues her conversation in the hallway.

“How was the slumber party?” Stefan asked.

“Good and much needed.” She said flirtatiously, “When can you and I have one?”

“Mmm.” Stefan smirked, “That can be arranged.”

“Okay.” Elena nodded, “Now. Today. Take me far, far away.”

“Even with everything that's going on?”

“Because of everything that's going on.”

“And you're sure this has nothing to do with dodging your father who just got into town?” Stefan asked.

“Uh, this has everything to do with that.” Elena said.

“Well, in that case, where would you like to go?”

Elena smiles and quietly crawls to Caroline’s bed and the side where Spencer is sleeping. She wakes Spencer up making Spencer groan. “Hey,” Elena whisper, “Can Stefan and I borrow the Lake House?”

Spencer rubbed her eyes and nodded at Elena sleepily, “Yeah. Sure, whatever.”

Elena smiled excitedly.

*

Andie checks her watch and puts on her jacket as she walks down the stairs. Damon follows behind her, carrying her scarf. “I'm late.” She said, “This is such a crazy day.” She is looking in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs, “I'm, uh, covering the historical society's high tea.”