Prologue

Prologue

One Year Ago

It was the last day of Summer. All the High School Students were partying their last day of freedom before school starts.

A small group of friends were sitting in a barn laughing. Among those were Spencer Hastings, Alison Di'Larauntes, Caroline Forbes, Bonnie Bennett and Elena Gilbert.

"Hey, you guys coming?" Caroline said getting up. Bonnie too was getting up.

Caroline Forbes, is a beautiful young woman with a pale complexion, blue-green eyes and medium length blonde curly hair. She has a slim, yet due to her cheerleading, toned and athletic figure. Despite having a confident exterior and high social prestige, underneath it all Caroline is very insecure.

Spencer shook her head, "Actually you guys carry on, I don't feel like it," Spencer shrugged sitting on the couch.

Spencer, on the other hand, has a very slim face complimented with high cheekbones, thin lips, and green almond shaped eyes. She has a peach and cream complexion and long medium brown hair usually worn down in waves. She is a perfectionist and straight-A student whose pressure to stand out in her overachieving family leaves her feeling alone. Family life can be very difficult for Spencer; her parents are often too busy to be with her. Having an intellectual sister and demanding parents, Spencer doesn't want anything less than perfect.

Caroline sighed, "Come on! It is the end of the Summer Party, you have to go!" Caroline begged her voice filled with annoyance.

"By definition you do," Bonnie agreed.

Bonnie Bennett is a beautiful and petite young African American woman with olive green eyes, a heart-shaped face and black hair. Having been a cheerleader, Bonnie has a slim yet athletic figure. Bonnie is an upbeat and positive person and universally liked by everyone.

"You know what? I am gonna cut too." Allison said winking at Spencer. Spencer just grinned causing Caroline to scoff.

Allison Di'Larauntes is a very attractive young girl. She has golden blonde hair, which is usually in curls along with blue eyes. Her face is heart-shaped. Out of the girls, she was considered pretty, manipulative, secretive, devilish and vindictive. Despite her bad behaviour towards people, she could also make them feel very special.

"Whatever, I'll see you later," Caroline said irritated and walked out of the Hastings barn. Bonnie looked at the others apologetically and followed Caroline.

"What aren't you going to go too?" Allison asked Elena.

Elena Gilbert is a very beautiful and quite tall young woman with an oval face, light olive complexion, almond-shaped brown eyes which are sometimes described as doe-eyes, and smooth, long, straight dark brown hair. She's compassionate, caring, empathetic, kind, normally intelligent, beautiful, friendly but she can also be pushy, judgy, extremely selfish and always bosses people around and prys into other peoples' business.

Elena shrugged and drank some beer real fast, Spencer frowned. Elena never drank. "I rather do this," Elena said taking another long sip of the beer.

"Elena..." Spencer started.

"Leave it, Spence. She dumped Matt, this is the guilty talking." Allison said.

Elena rolled her eyes at Allison and finished another beer bottle in one go. "Careful Elena, or you'll tell us all your secrets." Spencer said teasingly.

Elena smiled and Allison said, "Friends share secrets. That's what keeps them together."

*