You're Undead to Me

In the Salvatore Cellar, Damon is growing weaker. Stefan is watching him from the bars.

“Where is my ring?” Damon grunted.

“Won't be needing it anymore.” Stefan said.

“How long have I been here?”

“Three days.”

“What are you doing?” Damon asked.

“During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to re-educate them rather than to punish them.”

“You know what will happen if I don't... Feed on blood.” Damon said putting emphasis on blood.

Stefan answered, “You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever.”

“So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?”

“I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can re-evaluate.”

Damon said, “I'm stronger than you think.”

“You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain. And we both know it. I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way.”

*

Spencer walked down the stairs and into the kitchen only to find Melissa and Wren kissing. Spencer turned away and cleared her throat. Wren smiled embarassed and walked outside and into the barn leaving Spencer alone with Melissa.

"You-um look happy?" Spencer said awkwardly. She and Melissa never talked.

"Um, I am." Melissa nodded. Spencer smiled and made coffee for herself, "I am sorry." Melissa blurted out.

"For what?"

"I never had a chance to talk to you about how you are dealing with... stuff. I mean," Melissa sighed. Spencer smiled knowing it was hard for Melissa to talk to Spencer, it was awkward as they had never actually acted like sisters. But Spencer's smile faded as soon as Melissa completed her sentence, "I guess what I am trying to say is, I am sorry about Allison."

Spencer sighed and looked down, "Yeah, it sucks. But I have learnt that you need to grab every second with the people whom you love." 

Melissa was going to say something when Wren walked back into the kitchen interrupting her thoughts, "Melissa? You coming?" 

Melissa looked between Spencer and Wren and nodded following him to the barn. 

*

Spencer was looking outside the window of the Forbes house as Bonnie sat on Caroline’s bed with a candle in her hand and Caroline got ready for school.

“I remember the party. Damon came up behind me, and he was kissing my neck, or biting my neck. I passed out. It's like there's holes in my memory lately. It's just weird. Maybe I let him bite me.” Caroline said.

“Why would you do that?” Bonnie asked.

“Can we just not talk about it, ok? Don't want to talk about Damon.” Spencer said interrupting their conversation. She didn’t really wanna talk about how Damon bit Caroline! Or why he did. She just didn’t want to think about Damon.

“I don't want to talk about any of it wither. Just want to go back to normal. What are you doing with that candle?” Caroline asked Bonnie. Spencer turned to see Bonnie concentrating on that candle.