New Deal

Bonnie is walking through the woods alone. She walks into the old abandoned house where the witches were burned. There are voices whispering all around her.

She goes into the basement and sees that there are four coffins there. She walks toward the coffin that is held up higher than the rest of them and opens it.

She gasped. Klaus is inside, holding Elena's necklace. Bonnie reaches out to grab it, but she hears a noise behind her and turns around.

She wakes up in her bed startled from the dream.

*

Elena is jogging through Mystic Falls. She checks her watch to see what her time was. She turns around and sees a man running towards her. She turns back around and starts running again.

The man continues to follow her. Elena turns a corner and speeds up. After a while, she stops running and looks behind her. The man is gone. She calms down and turns around, when she walks straight into the man who was following her.

"Excuse me." The man said, "Should have been watching where I was going."

"Don't worry about it." Elena said.

"Have a nice day." He jogs away, Elena watches him go.

*

Spencer tip-toed out of Wren's apartment. She walked across the street and into the car where Caroline was waiting for her.

Caroline was staring at Spencer wide eyed and her jaw was almost on the floor.

Spencer looked at her and muttered, "Thanks for picking me up."

Caroline stuttered, "Oh um yeah."

Spencer nodded and turned to face the front and didn't say anything else.

"Spencer?"

"Caroline, don't." Spencer looked down and avoided Caroline's eyes.

"Spencer, you just got out of a bad relationship," Caroline looked at Spencer. She held Spencer's hands and said, "Are you sure you are ready for a new boyfriend? I mean I am worried."

"Caroline, I love you. So, if you want to do that thing where we talk about you and pretend we're talking about me, that's fine." Spencer sighed, "I don't want a boyfriend," Spencer gritted her teeth, "I want a distraction."

Caroline furrowed her eyebrows, "A distraction? Is that what Wren is?"

Spencer sighed and looked away, "Look I don't know okay?" Spencer looked at Caroline, "I was kissing him, and all I could think about was..." Spencer took a deep breath as tears welled up in her eyes, "Damon."

"You are still in love with him," Caroline said.

Spencer shrugged, "When I met him, I thought that I had found the person that I will spend the rest of my life with." Caroline looked at her, "But he chose Elena." Caroline tried to interrupt, "Don't even deny it, Caroline. There is something between them. And I gave him an option." Spencer said, "I did." She wiped her tears and looked at Caroline, "But I make no apologies for how I choose to repair the heart that he broke."

"Spencer, you are still in love with Damon?"

"I can't imagine a day I won't," Spencer said. "Why are you so surprised?"

"He did so many terrible things," Caroline muttered.

"I know," Spencer whispered.

"But-"

"But," Spencer interrupted, "When he looks at me, I feel like I can believe in myself."

Caroline smiled.