The Return Part 1

“Spencer,” Melissa said as she knocked on Spencer’s door. Spencer didn’t have the guts to tell Melissa about Jason, she was still thinking of how to tell her.

“Hm?” Spencer said looking up and realising Melissa was at her door. She had her mobile in her hand and a very worried expression.

“We-we need to go to the hospital.” Spencer looked at her sister confused, “M-Mom was rushed into the ER a couple of hours ago.”

What?” Spencer yelled getting up.

“C’mon, dad’s already there. We need to hurry.” Melissa said.

*

John is in the kitchen, and as he closes the refrigerator door, he sees Katherine standing there, posing as Elena. “You scared me.”

“Sorry.” ‘Elena’ said.

“Is Jenna home?”

“She had to meet the fire chief about the building. She doesn't know the truth. They've covered it up.”

“Yeah I know. How's Jeremy?”

“Holed up in his room.”

Upstairs, Jeremy is in his bed; he's unconscious after taking all those pills.

Elena arrives at the house. She is on the phone with Stefan. “I looked everywhere.”

“What do you think, someone stole it?” Stefan asked.

“Yeah, someone definitely took my stuff.”

Katherine and John are still in the kitchen, “Can I help?” Jhon asked.

Katherine looks down at John's ring. “Sure.”

Elena is still on the porch, on the phone with Stefan, “You want me to pick you up?”

Elena said, “I'm just gonna check on Jeremy before I go to the hospital, can you meet me there?”

“You bet.”

“Okay, I love you Stefan.”

Stefan said, “I love you too.”

Inside, Katherine grabs a knife and cuts off John's fingers, including his ring. Then she pushes John against the sink.

“Katherine?!” John yelled horrified.

Katherine reveals her vampire face, “Hello John, Goodbye John.” She smirks and stabs him.

Elena enters the house, “Jeremy? Are you up?” She hears a noise in the kitchen and goes toward it. Elena enters to find John on the floor, bleeding badly. She rushes over to him and tries to stop the bleeding. She grabs the phone and calls 911.

“911, what's your emergency?”

“Hi, I-I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street.” Elena said panicking.

John sees Katherine watching; whispers, “Behind you.”

Elena said, “What?”

John repeated, “Behind you!”

Elena turns around and gasps but she sees no one there. She grabs the bloody knife and cautiously approaches the hallway. Katherine speeds around, frightening Elena, before she runs out the door. Elena is terrified, and then she remembers Jeremy. “Jeremy!” She races up the stairs to his room, “Jeremy! Jeremy!” She finds him unconscious on his bed. “Please, Jeremy, wake up!” Elena shakes Jeremy frantically and he wakes up.

*

Spencer reached the hospital with Melissa and they entered their mother’s room. Peter was sitting there holding Veronica’s hand as Veronica laid on the bed. “Dad,” Spencer said.