Murder of the One

At Alaric's apartment, Elena walks up the stairs with breakfast for Alaric. She knocks on his door and Damon answers it. "Morning sunshine."

"Hey, how's Alaric?" Elena moves to enter the apartment, but Damon doesn't let her in.

"Indecent." Damon blocked her way, "But fine."

"So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?"

"Nope." Damon said, "Slept like a baby, woke up Alaric. No head minds about dead council members."

Elena narrowed her eyes, "Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?"

Damon shrugged innocently, "Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky. What'd you bring me?" Damon takes the bag from her and sniffs it. "Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach."

Elena takes the bag back from him. "They're not for you."

"Fine." Damon said, "Keep convincing yourself you're still mad at me. But sadly, Ric's gonna have to miss Elena time today. You know lockdown and all."

Elena sighed, "Just take it and give it to him and tell him that I miss him, okay?" Elena hands Damon the bag of muffins.

"With pleasure."

"Please." Elena repeated.

Damon starts to shut the door on her. "Have a great day, thanks for coming by."

"Dam...."

Damon closes the door and walks over to Ric and Stefan who are standing by a saw with the Wickery Bridge sign. He listens to Elena leaving. "Walking down the stairs, opening the front door, and she's gone."

Alaric turns the saw on and begins to saw the sign.

*

Caroline is in Spencer's room on her computer Spencer is sleeping soundlessly. She stirs when she hears Caroline. Caroline sighed, "Get up sleeping bitchy."

Spencer groaned and got up and threw a pillow at Caroline's face. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Caroline turned to face Spencer, "So what's got you in a mood?"

Spencer looked at Caroline and crossed her arms. "More like who."

Caroline raised her eyebrows, "Who exactly are we talking about?"

Spencer looked at Caroline, "There is this guy..." She sighed, "Toby-"

"Toby Cavanaugh?" Caroline asked smiling widely.

Spencer nodded, "Um, yeah." She said, "How do you know him?"

"Um, excuse me." Caroline said as she crossed arms across her chest, "We have been going to the same school since third grade." Caroline rolled her eyes, "Besides he's on team with Matt and Tyler." Caroline said, "How come you didn't know him?"

She shrugged. Spencer frowned, "We bumped into each other." Spencer looked at Caroline, "He told me his first kiss was Ali."

Caroline nodded, "Really?" Caroline raised her eyebrows, "I always thought it was that freshman from college across the town."

"So did I," Spencer said. "I just... felt-"

"Like we know nothing about her, but we told everything about us to her?" Caroline asked.

Spencer nodded, "I didn't even know her when I knew her." Spencer said, "That's what's sad." She said, "And I got all judgy on him and fled the scene."