Know Thy Enemy

Isobel is at the Gilbert door. She’s looking at Elena. Jenna is stunned. Isobel turned to look at Elena, “Hello, Elena. It's nice to see you again.”

Jenna looks at Elena, “Again?”

Elena doesn’t know what to say.

Isobel directed her gaze to Jenna, “So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?”

“N-n-no. Don't... don't invite her in.” Elena said.

“I need to talk to you, Elena.” Isobel said.

“No!” She slams the door in Isobel’s face and looks at Jenna, who’s crying.

“You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?” Jenna said hurt.

“I can explain everything, Jenna.”

“No.” Jenna said.

“No,” Elena begged. “ Jenna, please.” Jenna runs upstairs. Elena goes after her, “Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, please wait.” Jenna’s goes into her bedroom and slams the door. Elena is outside, at the door, “ Jenna, you have to talk to me. I... I need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please.” Jenna is sitting on the floor, crying.

*

At the Salvatore’s House, Stefan and Damon are going down the stairs.

“Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep.” Stefan said.

“What's she doing here?” Damon asked.

“I don't know,” Stefan said. “That's what I'm gonna go find out.”

Katherine rejoins them, “I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here.”

“What? Why?” Stefan furrowed his brows.

“It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb.” Katherine shrugged.

“You're the one in cahoots with them.” Damon said, “You made a deal with John that almost got me killed.”

“I did what I had to get out of the tomb,” Katherine said. “Now I'm reconsidering my alliance.” She turns around but Stefan interrupts her.

“What do you know?” He asked.

“I know that I want Klaus dead,” She said, “which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on.” She said, “Be smart.”

“Tell you what.” Stefan said, “Why don't you, uh... Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep.” He looks at them and leaves. Katherine and Damon look at each other.

*

At the Gilbert’s house, Elena opens the door to Alaric and Spencer.

“Hey.” Spencer said.

“Is she up yet?” Alaric asked.

“She won't come out of her room.” Elena said.

“What'd you tell her?” Alaric asked.

“Nothing.” Elena sighed, “She won't talk to me.”

“We're gonna have to fix this, Elena.” Spencer said.

Jenna goes down the stairs, “Hey.” Elena said.

“Jenna,” Alaric said.

“Jenna,” Spencer said.