Children of the Damned

Flashback

In Mystic Falls, 1864. A horse drawn carriage with a driver and his passenger are heading down a dirt road. Up ahead, in the middle of the road, lies a man with a woman kneeling beside him. The woman gets up when she sees the carriage and starts shouting.

“Please! Please, help us!” Katherine runs toward the carriage as it comes to a halt. “Please, my husband, he's been hurt! Please help him!”

The driver jumps down from his seat and goes to check on the man in the road. The passenger of the vehicle opens the carriage door and exits.

“What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? It's not safe.” The man told Katherine.

Katherine looked at him innocently, “No. No, sir. It's not safe.” Katherine smirks and bares his fangs and bites the man's neck. The man screams as Katherine drains the life out of him. Meanwhile, the driver is kneeling over Damon's body, but turns around when he hears screaming. He sees his passenger's dead body lying by the carriage, but does not see Katherine. He looks back the other way and Katherine has appeared right in front of him. Her eyes become red and she drains the blood from the man who screams for his life. She tosses him aside when she has drained him, blood drenching here chin. “And that's how it's done.” Katherine wipes the front of her dress with her palms. Damon slowly and cautiously gets up and looks at the two dead men.

“What happens to the bodies?” Damon asked.

“Well, I'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off.” Katherine said causing Damon to be a little frightened, “Are you sure you're ready for this?”

Damon nods, “I'm ready. I want you to turn me.”

“When it's time. Kiss me.” Katherine smirks.

Damon pulls a handkerchief from his coat pocket with a flourish. He moves to wipe the blood off Katherine's chin, but Katherine grabs his hand and moves in closer.

“You should get a taste.” She winks at him playfully. Katherine moves in to kiss Damon, but Damon moves away.

“Sorry.” Damon said.

“Don't be. Soon you won't be able to get enough.” Damon hesitates for a moment before kissing Katherine with a fiery passion. Damon pulls away and the blood from Katherine's chin has smudge on Damon's lips which Katherine wipes at with her finger.

Flashback Ended

*

Stefan and Elena are snuggled up in Stefan's bed. Elena awakens and Stefan wakes up shortly after this and kisses Elena on the cheek as Elena pulls his arm tighter around her.

“Mmm. Good morning.” Elena said smiling.

“I could get used to this.” Stefan smiled.

“Rise and shine, sleepyheads.”

Elena and Stefan both sit up, startled at Damon's presence at the end of Stefan's bed. Both of them pull the sheets up to their chins, covering up any parts they may not want Damon to see.

“Damon! Please!” Elena yelled glaring at him.

“What are you doing?” Stefan asked.

“Oh, stop being smutty.” Damon said.

Stefan pulls the sheets further up on Elena, making sure she's covered up properly. “Seriously, get out of here!”

“If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it. Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss.” Damon smirks.