The Killer

Connor and Shane are in Shane's office talking. Connor gritted his teeth, "Do you have any idea what I've been through? I've spent the last two days chained up by an Original vampire."

"So, you met Klaus? I only know him by reputation." Shane nodded, "Apparently he's a real monster."

"He's a vampire-werewolf hybrid. Do you know how hard it is to kill them?" Connor asked.

"From what I gather, you have to remove their head or their heart. That is according to lore." Shane shrugged, "I'm just speculating."

"I had to figure out how to do it on my own." Connor said. "I could have used some of this occult Professor knowledge of yours. Then again, you've always been slow when it comes to providing answers."

"We had a deal." Shane said, "I'll give you answers about your hunter's mark when its grown to completion."

"In other words, kill as many vampires as possible."

Shane sighed, "Come on, Connor, why do you think I sent you to Mystic Falls?" "There's no shortage of vampires." Shane said, "That town is practically infested." He pauses briefly, "Listen, there's a witch mixed up in all of this. She's important to what I have planned. I want to be kept out of harm's way."

"Anybody gets in my way. Anybody." Connor narrowed his eyes, "They're dead."

"Okay." Shane said, "Sure, I'll occupy her myself. Just do what you do. The less I know about it, the better."

*

Connor enters his trailer. He places Nate's head, which is wrapped in a bloody sheet, on a table. He sticks a needle into Nate's gums. He takes out some of his werewolf venom. Connor opens up a cupboard. He gathers some weapons and places them in a duffel bag.

Connor walks across the square with a duffel bag over his shoulder. He stops outside the Mystic Grill.

*

At the Grill, Jeremy walks into the backroom with a bin of dishes. He places the dishes on various shelves. He suddenly hears a noise and goes to investigate. When he sees that nothing is there, he turns around.

Connor is behind him and he puts a knife to Jeremy's throat. "Do I have your attention?"

Jeremy nods slowly.

"Good." Connor said, "Then let's talk about vampires."

*

Spencer and Nikolina are sitting in Spencer's room talking. Nikolina looked at Spencer, "I am really shocked you got the family gene, Spencer."

Spencer raised her eyebrows, "What are you talking about? You knew this could happen?"

"No," Nikolina shook her head, "Of course not." She explained, "Look, it's a long story."

"Well," Spencer said, "Start at the beginning then."

Nikolina sighed, "Remember how I told you I had a son? Alexander?" She continued, "He had a daughter named Anastasiya Valentino." She said, "She was the first banshee that I knew after my great aunt Helen." Nikolina looked at Spencer, "Banshees are very rare species to come across."

"But I don't want to be a banshee or whatever, Nikolina."

"You were born supernatural, honey." Nikolina said, "I guess when you died the curse triggered."

"The curse?"

"The curse," Nikolina nodded, "Do you think anybody wanted to hear voices in their head telling them about death all the time?" She said, "It was a curse placed on women a long time ago.