The Ties That Bind

Bonnie is walking through a cemetery. She sees a coffin sitting above ground and places her hand on it. Klaus appears behind her, she turns around to face him. "I figured out how to open it." He smirked, "Can you?" Klaus rushes towards Bonnie and bites her.

Bonnie wakes up, she's in the coffin. She screams for help. "Let me out! Please! Oh my god, oh my god! Fes matos tribum, melan veras, et vasa quisa, exu quisa!" She hears footsteps outside the coffin, "Hey! I'm in here! I'm in here! I'm in here!"

A woman opens the coffin.

*

Bonnie and Elena are standing in front of the coffins at the Abandoned Witch House. "I've been having these dreams for days now. It's like the witches are trying to send me a message."

"I just can't believe that you guys kept this from me this whole time." Elena sighed.

"Stefan thought, if you knew where the coffins were, Klaus could threaten people to get the information out of you."

"So, these are the rest of his family?" Elena asked looking at the coffins.

"Yeah." Bonnie nodded. "Elijah and two others. This one... is the one we can't open. We don't know who is in it, or whats in it, only that I think my dream's telling me it'll help us kill Klaus."

Stefan enters, "What the hell are you doing?"

"I needed her to know about the coffin." Bonnie shrugged.

"And I needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie." Stefan growled.

"So what are you gonna do, Stefan? Are you gonna kidnap me, so that I won't tell anyone?" Elena said. "Besides Spencer knows. So why can't I?"

"Because Spencer can keep a secret," Stefan growled.

"I think I know, who can open the coffin, Stefan." Bonnie stepped between them, "And I need Elena to help me find her."

"Find who? What are you talking about?" Stefan asked.

"I couldn't place her face at first. Then I realized..." Bonnie shows Elena a photo.

"Oh my god, Bonnie." Elena gasped.

Stefan looks at the photo, "Who is this?"

"It's my Mom." Bonnie whispered.

*

Bonnie and Elena are searching through a pile of papers for Abby. "Los Alamitos?"

"Too old." Bonnie shook her head.

Elena looked at Bonnie, "Honolulu?"

"I wish." Bonnie sighed, "How many of these are there?"

"A lot." Elena looked around at all the sheets, "I asked the sheriff's office to pull up every single Abby Bennett in the country."

"I know we haven't been able to really... that things had been weird, because of Jeremy, so, thank you for helping me with this. I know you have a lot to deal with."

"There's nothing more important, Bonnie." Elena smiled.

"It's surreal." Bonnie scoffed, "Having to track down a woman, who bailed on her own kid."

"You know, you don't have to, right? Let Stefan obsess over opening up the coffin. It doesn't have to fall on you."

"The coffin is spell shut. That makes it a witch problem. So it does fall on me." Bonnie looked away, "I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later."

Damon enters the house, "Sooner." Damon smirked, "Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina. Born in Mystic Falls Hospital, graduated at Mystic Falls High... blah blah blah." Damon hands Bonnie a paper. "A little compulsion helps sped up the research process."