All My Children

Elena wakes up and calls Stefan. Stefan looks at his phone and ignores the call. Elena leaves a message, "Stefan, hey, umm... it's me, I really have to talk to you. Please call me back." Elena hangs up and calls Damon.

Damon is still in bed and rolls over to answer his phone, "What?"

"Hey, I- I called you ten times last night. We need to talk." Elena said.

"Sorry, I've been busy."

"If you're mad at me, Damon, you need to get over it."

"Oh, I'm over it." He hangs up and lays back in bed, staring at Rebekah.

*

Spencer watched Stefan ignore Elena's call and smiled. "You really did it, huh?"

Stefan looked at Spencer, "I feel like a big relief, I don't know why."

Spencer nodded searching her room as she had been doing for the past 10 minutes.

Stefan said, "But what if I cannot be happy without her? What if she was the one? Because I still love her and-"

Spencer stopped and cut him off, "Not everybody has to be happy all the time. That's not mental health, that's crap." Spencer rolled her eyes, "Besides, yes maybe she is the one. But sometimes relationships run their course and they need a little distance."

Spencer looked at him for a few moments then went back searching.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Stefan furrowed his eyebrows.

"This," Spencer sighed and picked out a box in her hand. Stefan walked closer to take a look. It had a lot of letters and they looked old. Not very, but still old indeed.

"Spencer, what is this?" Stefan asked.

Spencer looked at him, "You let her go, didn't you?" Spencer smiled, "It's time for me to do the same. I can't be moping around. I need to move on."

*

"So, let's not make a big deal out of this." Rebekah said as she got back in her gown from the previous night.

"My thoughts exactly."

"Besides, I expect you'll come calling soon enough."

Damon shrugged, "Let's not hold our breath." Damon opens the door. Elena is standing outside. Rebekah rolled her eyes and walked away.

She is shocked, "Did you stop taking your vervain?"

"You think Rebekah had to compel me?" Damon scoffed.

"What's wrong with you? She tried to kill me less than forty eight hours ago."

"Can we just move pass that, Elena?"

"So is that how it's going to be now? I hurt your feelings and this is how you lash out at me?" Elena yelled.

Damon pours himself a drink. "Well, maybe, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you or your sister."

"You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell." Elena said, "Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them."

"Well, that's great! Klaus will finally be dead. We win. Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?"

"Shouldn't you care about Rebekah." Elena crossed her arms across her chest.

"Two seconds ago, you were pissed that she attacked you." Damon shrugged, "It's a win-win."

Elena goes to leave, Damon rolls her eyes.