Founder's Day Part 1

Spencer was sitting in the town square.

Nikolina, is that you? You don’t know how many villages I have searched for you.” The unknown man said sounding very happy. He was looking at Spencer, waiting for an answer.

“Who are you?” Allison asked walking upto Spencer.

The man looked at Allison. His expression was turned into a frown. He turned back to Spencer and smirked, “I see. Doppelganger. She’s human.” The man compelled Spencer to be quiet.

“Who are you?” Allison repeated scared.  

“What is her name?” The unknown man compelled Allison.

“Spencer Hastings,” Ali said in a monotone.

“Ah!” The man chuckled, “Nice, What is your name?” The man asked Allison.

“Allison Di’Larauntes.”

“Very good, Allison, you and I will be in touch.” The man said, “For now, do not tell anyone about me.” Then the man turned to Spencer, “We will meet again, love.”

The man left the town square.

Spencer woke up from the dream. Why does she keep having these dreams?  Who was Nikolina? And why did the man call Spencer a doppelganger?

*

At the Salvatore House, Stefan is getting ready in his room. He puts on a period outfit from the 1860s for the Founder’s Day parade. He looks at himself in the mirror and sighs seeing his image. He looks exactly the same as he did in 1864. Stefan chuckled shaking his head.

*

At the Gilbert House, Spencer is helping Elena get into a corset. She ties the strings on the back of the dress for Elena. Elena puts her vervain necklace.

“Ouch, this dress hurts.” Elena complained.

“Suck it in, baby.” Spencer smirked. After getting Elena completely ready for the parade; Spencer sighed and said, “People actually wore this crap; I'm never complaining again about a sports bra.”

Elena giggled while shaking her head, “You are so lucky you just have to cheer.” Elena looked at Spencer’s cheerleading outfit.

“Yeah! Totally,” Spencer said, “Go Timberwolves!”

*

Everybody is preparing for Founder's Day at the High School. Carol Lockwood is supervising. “No, no, no, no, no! It's all wrong! The marching band should be in front of the Historic Society. Matt, get up on the float. Boys, I asked you to put chairs on the Founder's Float. Ladies! Time to get on the float.”

Stefan is standing alone, waiting when Damon walks to him and stands beside him. “Look at you, all retro.”

“What are you doing here?” Stefan asked not looking at Damon.

“Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founder's Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your ‘friend.’” Damon said rolling his eyes.

“Don't start with me, Damon.” Stefan said.

“Oh, you started this Stefan with that whole ‘I'm insecure, Spencer is my friend, leave her alone’ speech. I'm enjoying that.”

“As long as you heard it.” Stefan said looking at Damon.

“What? You have no sense of humour, Stefan.” Damon whined.