The Turning Point

Logan Fell is standing outside on the porch of the Gilbert House. Jenna is talking to him from inside the front doorway.

“Why are you here, Logan?” Jenna asked.

“I missed you. I was out of town. I-”

“Yeah, I got that email.” Jenna said glaring at him.

“You got an email?” Logan asked shocked.

“You didn’t send an email?” Jenna asked frowning.

“I can explain. Just invite me in and I'll tell you everything.” Logan said.

“I’m not gonna invite you in. Forget it.”

“Come on, Jenna. It’s me.”

“The answer's no.” Jenna said.

“I know you. You’re always one step from a ‘maybe’, a tiny nudge to ‘yes.’”

Jenna scoffs, “You just pointed out that I have no self-control. Clever strategy!”

Logan opens his mouth to say something, but Jenna slams the door in his face. Logan, clearly frustrated with the way their conversation went, walks to the edge of the porch. He sees a neighbour taking out the garbage. He walks down the porch steps and towards the man.

“Evening.” Logan nods towards the man.

The man gives him a polite wave and walks back towards his house. Logan walks down onto the sidewalk and watches the man leave. He breathes out heavily. Suddenly, a woman comes jogging around the corner. Logan turns around to looks at her. She stares at him as she jogs past him, but stops abruptly. Logan turns to face her again.

The woman walking towards Logan said, “Hey, you’re that guy from the news, Logan Fell. I watch you every night. Well, I used to, I mean, you’ve been missing from my TV.”

“I took some time off.” Logan said.

“I noticed. I’m Daphne.”  She puts her hand out and he shakes it.

“Hey you know something, Daphne?” Logan asked.

“No, what?”

Logan's eyes start to vamp out. Daphne screams as Logan goes in to bite her neck.

*

Spencer saw herself sleeping in the barn on the couch. It was the same night Ali went missing. But only Spencer was on the couch fast asleep, not Allison. So where was she?

Spencer walked outside to see Allison yelling at someone. It was a man, but the face wasn’t clear.

“You promised!” She yelled.

The man sighed, “Fine. First my work then yours.”

“Thank you,” Allison smiled. “But, please don’t hurt her.”

“Sure, love.”

Spencer was frightened. Why were pieces of that night coming back to her through her dream? Was this some kind of message?

*

Jeremy is up and reading his ancestor, Johnathon Gilbert's journal.

’I live in fear. It consumes me. In the early evening when I see the sun begin to fade, the fear comes, because I know that the night brings death.’” Jeremy reads out loud.

Jeremy continues to flip through the pages of the journal. He finds a loose paper with a sketch drawn on it and becomes inspired. He pulls out a box from his closet and grabs an old sketchbook from it. He sets the box down and grabs a piece of charcoal. Flipping through the sketchbook, Jeremy sees all the old sketches he used to draw. He smiles at the memories and finally finds a blank page. He starts recreating the loose sketch from the journal. Elena walks out of her room and glances into Jeremy's room. She walks over to the doorway and sees Jeremy sketching. She smiles and quietly closes the door. Downstairs, Jenna is getting ready to leave. Elena comes down the stairs.