Let the Right One In

A storm is starting outside. Elena is asleep in her bed. The wind from the storm blows her bedroom window open and Elena wakes with a start. She goes over to the window and closes it. In Jeremy's room, Anna is looking at the storm outside of his window.

“I love storms,” Anna said.

“Is that a vampire thing? Cause I read vampires don't like running water.”

“It's only Dracula. Yeah. He was a complete wuss. Never showered. Very smelly.” Anna smiled.

Jeremy chuckled, “Seriously?”

“First rule about vampires, don't believe anything you read.”

“You gotta tell me more. I gotta know.”

“No, you don't. Cause you're not gonna be one.” Anna said.

“Come on, you can't keep saying ‘no’ to me.” Jeremy frowned.

“Look, I'm not gonna turn someone who learned everything he knows about vampires from Netflix.”

“That's not true, and you know it.” Jeremy said.

“Why do you even want this? Give me one good reason.”

“Cause I...” Jeremy said.

“Hmm. Let me know when you can finish that sentence.” Anna said.

Elena knocks on Jeremy's door and enters his room. But before Elena can see Anna vanishes into thin air. “Hey, you're still up.”

“Hey, what's up?” Jeremy asked.

“Looks like the there's a big storm rolling in. Can you help make sure all the windows are closed?”

“Yeah. Yeah. Sure.” Jeremy nodded.

*

In Ms Gibbons house, Pearl comes to talks with Frederick.

“We're running low on blood. You might wanna send Anna to the hospital for some more.” Fredrick said.

“I'll send her out for some tomorrow.” Pearl answered.

“Maybe I could go with her. If the storm keeps it dark enough, I might be able to go out during the day, no sun and all.”

“I'm afraid not after your stunt at the Salvatore house tonight.” Pearl said.

“He and his brother deserved it.” Fredrick defended himself.

“And where did that get you? Your girlfriend Beth-Anne is dead. And you have no one to blame but yourself. We cannot live our lives about revenge. We have to have better control of our emotions.”

“I understand, Miss Pearl. I just wish I knew what you were up to.”

“I'm going to make an exploratory visit into town tomorrow to assess who's under the influence of vervain and who isn't. Anna tells me that the players haven't changed much. It's still the Lockwoods, the Forbes, the Fells...The Hastings are big now. They weren’t back then.”

“We should kill every last one of them.”

“We are smarter than that, Frederick. These people are not our enemies. We don't hold grudges and resentments. We'll get our town back. We just have to have patience.”  Pearl leaves as the other vampires enter the room.

“You heard her. No revenge. Patience. Self-control. She seems to have it all figured out, doesn't she?” Frederick holds up a wooden stake.

*

Damon boards up the window that Frederick and Beth-Anne broke through. Stefan, Spencer and Elena watch him. “I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night.”