Memorial

We are the beginning.

Spencer is sitting on the red couch in her room thinking about last night's event. She hears Melissa call her and she walks down the stairs.

Downstairs everyone is waiting for her. Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, Jeremy, Caroline, Matt and Tyler.

Damon is eagerly looking at the stairs waiting for her.

Caroline is smiling. She frowns, "Do you guys... I mean should we talk about it with her or...?" Caroline shrugs.

Stefan said, "She's not gonna pretend it didn't happen, Caroline. This is Spencer we are talking about."

Elena nodded, "I just hope she is alright."

Spencer walked down the stairs, "You know what I say about hope- breeds eternal misery." Spencer chuckled, "You gotta love the Hastings, I come back from the dead and they invite everyone for cookies and tea."

Elena rushed to her and embraced her. Caroline followed and so did Bonnie. The guys gave them space as Caroline cried.

"Hey, I am fine." Spencer smiled, "If anything I feel better." Spencer told Caroline, "I promise." She looked at Bonnie, "I cannot thank you enough, Bon."

"Oh c'mon, you would have done the same for me." Bonnie smiled, "What about the consequences?" Bonnie asked. "Do you feel different? Anything?"

Spencer thought about the day before's events and couldn't tell Bonnie, "Nope." She shook her head, "I guess I would know if I were seeing ghosts." She looked at Jeremy and shrugged, "Ghost-free."

Stefan embraced her next and whispered, "Never do that again."

Spencer chuckled as Stefan pulled away.

Matt came and kissed her cheek. "Mystic Falls would have been a pretty dull place without Spencer Hastings."

Tyler came and hugged her. Spencer said, "I am glad you are okay."

Tyler smiled, "Ditto."

The only person left was Damon. Damon stood there looking at her but didn't make any move. He suddenly looked away.

*

Stefan and Damon are in the Hastings kitchen alone. "So, I am going to take Elena for the hunting trip today."

Damon rolled his eyes, "You're making a big mistake."

"No, I'm not." Stefan said, "If I can get Elena used to animal blood right out the gate."

"You're reaching."

"Maybe she'll be able to bypass all the things that we went through."

"Delusional!" Damon said.

"Maybe she actually has a shot at this." Stefan said shrugging.

"Wrong." Damon said, "You're just wrong, Stefan."

Stefan sighed frustrated, "She won't be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Damon. Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is magnified right now."

"Then you better hope she's not a fan of Bambi." Damon rolled her eyes looking at Elena who was outside far away in the Hastings living room. "She needs human blood, Stefan, from the vein."

"Oh, come on, you know what happens. You name me a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new."

Damon gets up. "You name me one who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens."