The End of the Affair

Damon is sitting in the parlor at the Boarding House drinking scotch. He has a grim expression and seems to be thinking something. Suddenly his phone rings. He answers it, “You're interrupting my drink.”

“You miss me?” Katherine giggled from the other side.

“Katherine.” Damon groaned, “Where are you?”

“Lurking outside your window, pining away.”

Damon scoffed, “What do you want?”

“I'm homesick.” Katherine said, “What have I missed?”

“Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Elena still thinks she can save him, Spencer is acting ridiculous and no one's thought about you since you left.”

Katherine scoffed, “You think she won’t be,” She chuckled. “She saw her sister kissing her boyfriend!” Katherine sighed, “Anyway, what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on his girlfriend because let’s face it Spencer is never going to forgive you.”

“I didn't give up on him.” Damon said, “I just don't know where he is.”

“Hmm.” Katherine smirked.

“But you do.” Damon said, “Are you trailing them?”

“A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails?” Katherine said, “I couldn't be further away.”

“Which means you know exactly where they are.”

“All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work.” Katherine said, “Now he's looking for some answers.”

“How do you know that?”

“Spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you.”

“Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my brother?” Damon asked.

“Maybe, maybe not.” Katherine said, “I'm conflicted.”

“Where are they?”

*

In Chicago, Klaus and Stefan get out of a car. “Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan.” Klaus smirked.

“What are we doing here?” Stefan asked looking around.

“I know how much you loved it here.” Klaus said, “Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?”

“Blacked out most of them.” Stefan shrugged, “A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur.”

“Well, that is a crying shame.” Klaus looked at Stefan, “The details are what makes it legend.” Klaus smirked, “Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition.” Klaus said, “Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun.”

Flashback

Chicago, 1920's. Stefan is in a car making out with a girl but then he drinks her blood and kills her. He gets out of the car and removes the blood from his lips. Stefan enters a bar. The singer and owner of the bar sees him, “Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?”

“Save me a dance, Gloria.” Stefan chuckled. He's about to grab a glass of champagne but a lady takes it before. “Ooh.” He said, “Please, help yourself.”

The girl turned around, “Oh, I always do.” She had natural light blond hair, light blue eyes, full lips and pale, light skin. She was a tall and slim Caucasian female.She gets closer, licks her lips and whispers in his hear, she's vamped out. “Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date.” She smirked, “She's lovely.” She's about to leave but he catches her arm.